X

throttle cable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttle cable

just had my carbs rebuilt and I put them back on but now when I hook up my throttle cable it doesnt spring back just stays stuck will open and close if I do it by the throttle grip am I installing it wrong or is there another adjustment I need to do ?

check the throttle cable for binding and make sure the shop put the return spring back on properly.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

agreed tracker, take the cable off the carbs and throttle control, see if it moved freely. If it doesn't you will need a new cable!
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

thanks for the suggestions Ill give them a try

Comment

Is the push-pull operation set up backwards?
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

an 1100 doesn't have push/pull. That's only 98+ kats.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              an 1100 doesn't have push/pull. That's only 98+ kats.
              Oh yeah...well...your FACE has push/pull HA!

I suck
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

my dad can beat up your dad

Comment

ok checked the cable no binding using the throttle it opens the carbs all the way but then it just stays in that position wont spring back? if i close the throttle by hand it closes the carb with no problem so is there a return spring? if so I dont know what im looking for

Comment

your more than likely going to have to buy a new cable. they are only about $25, but i have had to replace mine twice. guy at shop said its a common problem with that

Comment

Yeah , there's a return spring , but it's pretty hard to break . Make sure you routed the cable properly around that turn and inside the grip ....
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

thanks for all the help I di manage to figure it out it ended up being the new grips I put on were rubbing just enough on the bar end that it would hold the throttle open Duh! but at least I got it to work thanks again

Comment

Well at this point let me say that it isn't always a carb issue that is the cause. Glad to see you figured it out!!
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                          X