Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Post-600 mirrors on an 1100 (with pics!)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-600 mirrors on an 1100 (with pics!)

Well, after looking for stock mirrors for a half decent price for about six months, and searching KR for any threads with pics of alternatives, I wasn't able to find anything. I found a couple people who claimed to be using mirrors from a post-600, but there weren't any pictures accompanying the posts.

I was at the dealer Friday afternoon to pick up some parts for the stock exhaust I was planning to put on the bike this weekend to replace the junk that was on there, and I figured I'd check out the post-600 mirrors and see if I thought they'd line up.

The bolt holes didn't line up exactly, but with a little work it was possible to make them work, and I was sick of not having mirrors at all, so I picked up a pair. I turned the holes for the bolts into slots, which allowed for bolting them up to the stock mounting location.

So, for anyone else who has been trying to find pictures with no luck, here's mine:

Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Those don't look that bad, can you see past your elbows?
    01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

Originally posted by TheHayabusa View Post
      Those don't look that bad, can you see past your elbows?
      The view isn't too bad, the inside 1/4 or so of the mirror is my elbow, but the rest of it is pretty good. Definitely beats having no mirrors at all

Comment

They do look good. Despite how we had to make the slots.

Comment

I did this too. Just needed to drill a little bit on the base of mirrors, sorry I never got pics up.
          I found that you get a better view than the stock mirrors because they are shorter and lower, you see more under the elbows than before.

Comment

Originally posted by Minitruck1506 View Post
            They do look good. Despite how we had to make the slots.
            Holy crap, I figured you'd forgotten you had an account on here

Comment

Working...
            X