'92 California Kat (carb+exhaust)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '92 California Kat (carb+exhaust)

Hi, and thanks for a great forum!

I bought a 2nd hand '92 GSX1100F (1127cc)- California (probably 3rd or 4th hand... imported used) last summer (my first bike).

1 - Is it possible to remove the fume-recycling system without replacing the carbs? (I have no need for it, as I live in Norway, and we don't have that kind of temp's here) - (How?) (why: I've had some problems with the bike not running (dies when riding at 3000+rpm) and I want to remove any complicating components)
    (Carbs on this bike is Mikuni BST34SS 48B21 (standard is -48B11)

2 - Anyone have a suggestion for a good after market exhaust system, that will let me keep the centre stand?

(Disclaimer : I'm Norwegian, and not a mechanic, so I might ask for explanation on some words in your answer, and I might have several spelling/grammar/word errors in my post's )

Originally posted by SchOX View Post
    Hi, and thanks for a great forum!

I bought a 2nd hand '92 GSX1100F (1127cc)- California (probably 3rd or 4th hand... imported used) last summer (my first bike).

1 - Is it possible to remove the fume-recycling system without replacing the carbs? (I have no need for it, as I live in Norway, and we don't have that kind of temp's here) - (How?) (why: I've had some problems with the bike not running (dies when riding at 3000+rpm) and I want to remove any complicating components)
    (Carbs on this bike is Mikuni BST34SS 48B21 (standard is -48B11)

2 - Anyone have a suggestion for a good after market exhaust system, that will let me keep the centre stand?

(Disclaimer : I'm Norwegian, and not a mechanic, so I might ask for explanation on some words in your answer, and I might have several spelling/grammar/word errors in my post's )

I can only say to the 1st question: yes. The carbs are setup to work with or without the california emissions extras.

Comment

Originally posted by ADyingBreed View Post
      I can only say to the 1st question: yes. The carbs are setup to work with or without the california emissions extras.
      Thanks, Is it just to plug the lines out of the carbs? ("Purge hose" connectors on the bottom of the carbs) - and the surge hose from the tank?

Comment

If they're anything like the 750 carbs , you'll wanna plug them tubes on the bottom . I'm actually running Ca carbs on mine (750) with plugged hoses . I filled them with something (probably JB Weld ) , and stuck them back on the carbs .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Thanks - I'll try (to get hold on some JB Weld )

Comment

Anyone got a opinion on this exhaust system?

I Got an "offer" for it (Carbon) £ 681,20 from my parts-pusher - witch is PRICY... (USD 945)
            He say that I will be able to keep the centre stand with this 4to1 system.

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
              If they're anything like the 750 carbs , you'll wanna plug them tubes on the bottom . I'm actually running Ca carbs on mine (750) with plugged hoses . I filled them with something (probably JB Weld ) , and stuck them back on the carbs .
              Whats interesting on my cali 600 kat is that the emissions hoses and stuff are there but not connected to anything or plugged in(fan on left side lol)

Ill have to find some thing to plug those bottom tubes while im out getting new vacuum caps and lock nuts.

Comment

Working...
              X