X

Need a good OEM parts site...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a good OEM parts site...

Hey there all, I hate for this to be my first post but I need a good parts site for a 90 1100F Kat. I just dumped mine tonight, it needed some work but now it needs alot of work : / looks like i bent the inner fork tubes, the whole left side is trashed but the frame is still good. It was the pearlecent black the tank is still in good shape but i need a new front cowling and lower side cowling and mirror. I think im going to go ahead and put aftermarket blinkers all the way around. Gear shifter is still ok, need a new peg assembly there but the passengers peg is fine. Anyways I figured id post here because a few people doing(or have done) research is better than just me. Later, thanks.

I think i bent the left handlebar too : /

good sites

I use bikbandit.com and babbittsonline.com they have good prices and easy site to navigat and you can see the schematics for each part

Comment

I found that i can get all the cowlings from the dealership (im amazed they are still able to get them) but im still in need of a left mirror (dark blue/pearlecent black whatever color the bike is) a left peg and a set of straight inner fork tubes if not the whole assembly. I may have messed up the triple tree too, im not sure yet but i think its ok. Im still a bit sore from the tumble last night so i havnt gone out there and taken it down the rest of the way yet. I did check bike bandit, I can get some of those parts but if someone has them used/new here that would be better. Hey Mojoe *wink wink*

P.S. I bent the frame peice that the headlight/guage assembly/cowling bolds on to as well
      Last edited by clayman87; 08-30-2008, 12:06 AM.

Comment

funny thing......I was sitting down watching tv, and I swore I heard someone call my name.

oh....it's clayman!

you're in luck. I have an 88 that I bought at a good price, and was considering keeping it for myself, but changed my mind. It is 100% complete, so I should have everything you need. just curious.....how much is the stealership going to soak you for the body parts. You could probably buy my whole complete body, including tank, for what they would charge you for 2 panels.

here is the bike. make a list of everything you need and I will quote you a price.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Im curious... whats the deal with the bike itself? Dose it run? It looks like the bike is completly stock. Dose the 88 come with the electric windscreen? The stealership wants $757 for the upper cowling and $300 something for the lower left cowling. Let me know.

Parts I know I need:
          Inner fork tubes
          Upper cowling
          Lower left cowling
          Left Mirror
          Left drivers peg assembly
          Left side blinkers
          The bolt on frame peice that the headlight/cowling/instrument cluster bolts on to (that bent when the bike went down)
          I think the triple tree is still in good shape, im not sure yet
          Last edited by clayman87; 08-30-2008, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X