X

Sudden sporatic Popping from left bank under acceleration

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden sporatic Popping from left bank under acceleration

This is strange. About a week ago i was running low on fuel. I had some UL VP race gas 101 octane in a container for my street car. Mind you my car runs fine. Im getting a pop out of the left bank. Comes and goes. Would a plug go south by using the gas? It was running ok prior. Maybe I should pull the plugs and change them to something better??

sounds like it's ready for the salvage-yard

Comment

Oh and btw

Comment

not sure on this but i suspect the higher octane fuel would produce more heat so could poss kill a plug but think its more likely you've introduced some crap into the system from the can & have now got a sticky float or 2
        Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Maybe it needs 36mm carbs. lol
          01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

isn't popping usually a sign of an exhaust leak? ever change the exhaust gaskets on that bike, or have they ever been changed? maybe it ran a bit hotter than usual and cooked what was left of the gasket.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

No exhaust leak at the cylinder head. It is comming from the exhaust outlet. If I drive it for a while it clears up, let it idle for a little while I hear it. I better pull the plugs. The gas may have fouled them. What should I change to? They are just stock OEM NGKs.

Originally posted by TheHayabusa View Post
              Maybe it needs 36mm carbs. lol

You go first. I'll wait.
              Last edited by SupRnatural; 08-21-2008, 06:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by SupRnatural View Post
                No exhaust leak at the cylinder head. It is comming from the exhaust outlet. If I drive it for a while it clears up, let it idle for a little while I hear it. I better pull the plugs. The gas may have fouled them. What should I change to? They are just stock OEM NGKs.

The stock plugs are great but if you wanted to upgrade get the iridium plugs, p/n
                DR9EIX. Are you still on the same tank of gas? Before you order new plugs, you could just pull out the old ones, clean them and check your wires. I have had a plug wire magically come loose and do the exact same thing your bike is doing.

You go first. I'll wait.
                I have 36mm carbs on my bike, but I do not have the 1127 engine, I have an 1157 from 2001 bandit.
                01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

You missed the cause entirely.

The "popping sound from the west bank" was from Israli's and Palestinians shooting at each other!
                  "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

New Plugs and shes running great

Thats all it was..:mrgreen:

Stevie B, George Dubbya just fired one of his staff writers and looking for an apprentice to fill in maybe theres hope for you yet.

Comment

And

Originally posted by TheHayabusa View Post
                      I have 36mm carbs on my bike, but I do not have the 1127 engine, I have an 1157 from 2001 bandit.
                      Your point is?

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                        You missed the cause entirely.

The "popping sound from the west bank" was from Israli's and Palestinians shooting at each other!
                        Well, I thought that was funny............
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                        X