X

new to the life of KATS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the life of KATS

hello all. I'm new to the site and new to the katana. I was recently given a gift from my future father in law, a 1991 1100 Katana. this bike is awesome!!! I have so much fun riding even just going 2 miles to my work and home again. it was custom painted silver and red, has a 4 into 1 yoshi pipe, with a stage 1 kit, 37,000 miles on it. anyone have any advice as to tuning and upkeep on this 17 year old beauty? i will post pics on my profile soon.

welcome congrats on the new bike what a father in law good luck with the bike
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Just common sense stuff :

1. oil change every 3000-5000 mile (I run conventional motorcycle oil in my '88, some say synthetic is better, just as long as it gets changed using motorcycle oil)

2. Regular tune-ups (valve adj, plugs, etc)

3. monitor condition of fluids (hydraulic clutch, brakes, etc)

Just the regular things you would look after for any motorized item. Congrats on the bike.

Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 07-24-2008, 05:46 PM.
      The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

another gate rider...
        nice to meet you!
        Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Does your future wife have any sisters?

Comment

IMO - If the trip to work is low speed, low sustained RPM, suggest that you find a longer way home (at least). Continuous, short, low speed rides = fouled plugs.
            "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

thank you for the advice. I actually do take the long way to and from work. I've noticed a difference in how it rides.

Comment

Working...
              X