X

Exhaust question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust question

Has anyone with the V&H SS2R exhaust found a way to keep their center stand? I was running mine and it lost a spring so I removed it and in hind site I guess not to brite on my part. I know the stock has a rubber bummper welded to the pipe but I realy dont want to weld on my pipes.
    My carbon foot print is bigger than yours.

1988 GSX1100F with 93 plastic, Avon AV45 front & AV36 rear rubber and a SS2R full exhaust system.
    Other bikes:
    2 1985 CR500
    1 1987 CR500
    1 2003 CR85 Supermoto

attach a rubber bumper to the kick stand, as opposed to the exhaust. I believe the one on the stock exhaust is screwed on, so just remove it and drill a hole in the stand and use a self tapping screw.
    Last edited by Mojoe; 05-19-2008, 05:04 PM.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I don't know I think the rubber bummper on the hot pipe would burn.

Thanks for the idea though.

1988 GSX1100F with 93 plastic, Avon AV45 front & AV36 rear rubber and a SS2R full exhaust system.
      Other bikes:
      2 1985 CR500
      1 1987 CR500
      1 2003 CR85 Supermoto

Comment

Stock can on Bandits has a small extension, on which a rubber center stand bumper mounts. That prevents the rubber from melting. As I recall, the Yosh can has the same extension, so perhaps a Bandit aftermaket can and stock mid pipe would get you there. I

Stock can on Bandits has a small extension, on which a rubber center stand bumper mounts. That prevents the rubber from melting. As I recall, the Yosh can has the same extension, so perhaps a Bandit aftermaket can and stock mid pipe would get you there. I should have a spare midpipe and stock can soon.
        Last edited by StevieB; 05-21-2008, 09:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipity View Post
          I don't know I think the rubber bummper on the hot pipe would burn.

Thanks for the idea though.
          then just make a small "bumper" out of a heat resistant material. silicone comes to mind. I have a whole pile of "plugs" that are designed to withstand high heat for powder coating purposes. I can easily see being able to cut 1/2 and inch off the top of one and screwing it onto the kickstand. a 1in plug would be perfect.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I kept the center-stand and the bolt that attaches it to the frame. It is not mounted to the bike but can be attached when I need to work on it in my garage. The stand is stored in my garage when not in use.

just my .02
            The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Again thanks everyone for the ideas. When I get a chance I will see what I can come up with right now I need to clean the carbs

Other bikes:
              2 1985 CR500
              1 1987 CR500
              1 2003 CR85 Supermoto

Comment

Working...
              X