X

Katana 1100s big brother

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 1100s big brother

Any kat owners have the bandit 1200 or the bandit 1250? Just asking I had a Kat 1100 several years back, Went to the bandit series. I like em all. But now I am a bandit addict
    Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

I don't get it. are you suggesting the B12 is the 1100 kat's big brother? if anything, it is the other way around, but I don't even see them as being related at all.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
      I don't get it. are you suggesting the B12 is the 1100 kat's big brother? if anything, it is the other way around, but I don't even see them as being related at all.

Maybe he is confused by the "1200" part of the Bandit. As I recollect, I think the displacement of the Katana 1100 is 1127cc. The Bandit 1200 is 1157, so they rounded up. If my numbers are right, the Bandit 1200 has 20cc more, which is about half the displacement of my push lawnmower, a very miniscule amount.
      I have a feeling that if you were to compare dyno's, the Katana 1100 would beat the Bandit 1200, as, at the very least, the Kat has better cams.

Comment

the 1127 in the kat has 136hp and 112Nm of torque.

an 06 bandit has the 1157 engine with 98hp and 91.7Nm of torque.

yes....a kat can beat a B12.

Comment

the 1127 in the kat has 136hp and 112Nm of torque.

an 06 bandit has the 1157 engine with 98hp and 91.7Nm of torque.

yes....a kat can beat a B12.
          Big brother has spoken !!
          The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

I have both of the KAT 1100s big brothers The bandit 1200 (1157) and the Bandit 1250 (1255) And no i am not bashing the kat, Just asking if any kat owners beside me had one. Let not get into racing specs. My stock 1250 is defiantely faster then my 1100 katana ever was. I sold my Kat 1100 several years back to move up to the bandit 1200
            Back on topic though,

Does anyone with the 1100 own the bandit also?
            Last edited by frobotz; 04-16-2008, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frobotz View Post
              I My stock 1250 is defiantely faster then my 1100 katana ever was. I sold my Kat 1100 several years back to move up to the bandit 1200
              Back on topic though,

The reports I have heard show the Bandit 1250 doing the 1/4 around 11 flat. The Katana 1100? The reports I have seen (magazine reports) show it as low as 10.79 and as high as 11.2something. This is stock to stock.
              I am sure my kerker exhaust/Factory jetted kat will waste a stock Bandit 1250. Of course, I have no idea how it would fare against a modded Bandit.

Comment

Interesting.. Here's some #s

Last edited by SupRnatural; 04-16-2008, 08:14 PM.

Comment

That's what I am talking about- numbers that are all over the place! The 11.38 figure is unreal, either it is a CA spec bike or was driven by a novice. That number was close to my Madura 1200 and my CA spec Kat 1100 (yes, it was CA spec!) was faster than that bike.

Comment

I own both. 88 kat 1100 and now 01 Bandit 1200. Am hoping to do a long weekend ride with a bud or my son this summer, us trading off every other gas stop or such.

Gotta say, yes, the Kat has more power and torque, but I suspect the
                    Bandit to be a better all-round bike. And Bandits do wonderful wheelies...
                    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I have both of the KAT 1100s big brothers The bandit 1200 (1157) and the Bandit 1250 (1255) And no i am not bashing the kat, Just asking if any kat owners beside me had one. Let not get into racing specs. My stock 1250 is defiantely faster then my 1100 katana ever was. I sold my Kat 1100 several years back to move up to the bandit 1200
                      Back on topic though,

have you actually topped out both of them? I buried my speedo on my 1100 Kat....with a slight downhill grade to help out, but still managed to hit redline in 5th and pass the 280kph that my speedo registers. If you tell me that you have honestly hit 280kph on your B12, then I guess I have no choice but to try to believe you. btw....280kph is about 170mph. that was 100% stock. no jet kit, no 4:1 exhaust.

so when you say faster......was it actually every bit of speed you could get out of both bikes?

Comment

have you actually topped out both of them? I buried my speedo on my 1100 Kat....with a slight downhill grade to help out, but still managed to hit redline in 5th and pass the 280kph that my speedo registers. If you tell me that you have honestly hit 280kph on your B12, then I guess I have no choice but to try to believe you. btw....280kph is about 170mph. that was 100% stock. no jet kit, no 4:1 exhaust.

so when you say faster......was it actually every bit of speed you could get out of both bikes?

My 1250 will do that. I have ran it off GPS and hod it to 164 in 5th gear, Stil hadnt shifted to 6th. Not that I think it would have gone much faster (the whole gearing thing) but it will run with my old kat 1100 anyday. The kat puts out great numbers on paper, But you should ride the 1250 bandit, Then you would know why I like them both.

I dont guess anyone here has a bandit and a ket except me, No biggie, just thought we might have more in common, Both are great suzuki bikes that i have enjoyed.

Comment

My 1250 will do that. I have ran it off GPS and hod it to 164 in 5th gear, Stil hadnt shifted to 6th. Not that I think it would have gone much faster (the whole gearing thing) but it will run with my old kat 1100 anyday. The kat puts out great numbers on paper, But you should ride the 1250 bandit, Then you would know why I like them both.

I dont guess anyone here has a bandit and a ket except me, No biggie, just thought we might have more in common, Both are great suzuki bikes that i have enjoyed.
                          don't get me wrong....I am not bashing the B12. I was just under the assumption that it did not perform as well as the kat. that is why I asked if you ever tried both wide out....not to question your opinion, but to search for facts.
                          I have personally never tried the bandit. I kinda like the looks of them, and have wanted to try one. I guess now I have to give it a shot see if it is something I would consider buying. I am in the market for something different.

Comment

My problem is I want one of everything, i like em all. Maybe too much. With i had my 1100 Kat back at times. Riding the 1250 bandit for now, But thats not a guarantee for tomorrow

Comment

...I dont guess anyone here has a bandit and a ket except me, No biggie, just thought we might have more in common, Both are great suzuki bikes that i have enjoyed.
                              Uh, HELLOOOOO? Didn't you see my post?
                              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Working...
                              X