X

Trick Rims + Big Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trick Rims + Big Kat?

Is it possible to install some trick aftermarket rims on a Big kat? or am I out of my mind to think such a thing?

I guess not

Comment

well for sure you would want the rims to be 17's instead of the 16's that come stock.

I say yes. gixxer rims are supposed to fit, and there are quite a few selections for the gix.....so it should be possible.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

of course it's possible, you could try other suzuki rims (the rears will definitely fit as long as you use the caliper hanger to match the disc and maybe the spacers to match) the front rim may be a little trickier but with thought can be done..

i fitted a 1990s 5,5" rim and 180 tyre into my 1987 750slabby swingarm (6" rim and 200 tyre may be harder to fit tho), an unknown suzi 3 x 17 three blade front rim into the standard front forks (redrilled the slabby discs to bolt to the hub) spindle diameters would be the only things to possibly complicate things and you may have to make your own spacers (i did) or you could change the whole front end with thought (and money or skills)...

it all depends on how far you want to go and how much you are prepared to spend....

i'll link this picture again ..
        it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Busa Rims

I found a set of 05' Busa rims on CL FS, will these fit a 92 1100 Kat?

Comment

the busa rear rim will most likely be 6" wide and designed for a 200 tyre and will probably be difficult (not impossible) to get the chain to line up as well as get the tyre to run centrally with the bike (would the tyre rub the swingarm, no idea)...

easiest rear wheel to fit will be from a 1991 to 1996 gsxr if you're looking for wide (5.5" x 17" and 180 tyre), you may also be able to fit a 1200 bandit rear wheel (5.5") but again i'd check spindle diameter...

spindles in busa wheels will also be larger diameter so you would have to find bearings, make spacers or possibly make sleeves to reduce to fit your spindle (lots of hassle), that's going to be the same problem in both ends of the bike not to mention the problems with discs...

front wheel off a reasonably old gsxr "may" almost be a drop in fit, but disc fitment may take a bit of thought, unfortunately suzuki use quite a few different diameter discs along with offsets varying....

here's my gsxr with unknown front wheel and redrilled discs (poor quality photo) ...

Last edited by NiteMare; 03-27-2008, 09:03 PM.
            it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Thanks for the info. The stock busa rear is a 180 from what he told me. Problem is the 16-16 combo. My bike is a stocker, but a set of trick rims, and a few small personalized items would make my old school horse look fresher.

Comment

I think Black Peter has a post that explains all of this...
                -
                -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

any link?

Comment

Working...
                  X