X

New Sneaks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sneaks

I'm running Metzlers (OEM) tires on the kat, Vr Lazertec(front) Vr Marathon 880 (rear). Any newer better hides that are recommended for the 1100 kat, or should I stick to what it came with? I'm a cruiser, but wind it up sometimes.

I'm running Lasertecs front and rear at present time. I'm wanting try a couple of different brands next time. Dunlop, Avon, maybe a different Metzeler. How are you liking that 880 ?

This is the reason I wanted to put 17's on my bike, to open up my tire choices. The jury is still out on that one, though. Rather than go thru the hassle of matching up "stuff", maybe in the next 18 monthes simply upgrade to a newer bike.
    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

I recently aquired the bike. I'm getting it ready for spring. The Metzler marathon 880 rear is new, the front is oem, and while cleaning/inspecting it I noticed a hairline crack in the hide on the sidewall.

(I suggest y'all inspect you tires often) This little tid bit can really ruin your day.

I was planning on a new front tire asap, but don't know if I should install oem or not. When I had my HD FXRS-SP I had a 180 AVON Super Venom, and matching front. It stuck like peanut butter to the roof of your mouth. The kat is a different handling machine though, that's my main concern.
      Opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by SupRnatural View Post
        I was planning on a new front tire asap, but don't know if I should install oem or not. When I had my HD FXRS-SP I had a 180 AVON Super Venom, and matching front. It stuck like peanut butter to the roof of your mouth. The kat is a different handling machine though, that's my main concern.
        Opinions?
        I have Avons and like them. Of course, not Super Venoms, as I'm on stock rims sizes.
        93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

The Pirelli Sport Demon have had good feedback from cruiser/tourer/sport users, tyre life may not be as high as some other brands but thats the trade off for grip in the wet and dry. The good thing about the Sport Demon is they have the sizes for Vintage Kats with original 19" front and 17" rear (also 18" rear if its an E24/E27 wire wheel model), cheers.
          82 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana
          Badjezz, we don need noh stinken badjezz!

Comment

The oem 16's suck, now what?

Comment

I am running a Dunlop GT501 on the rear and it seems to be a pretty decent tire so far! Bias ply for the old heavy bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by danp2630 View Post
                I am running a Dunlop GT501 on the rear and it seems to be a pretty decent tire so far! Bias ply for the old heavy bikes.
                +1
                2005 GSXF750 Katana
                1991 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
                1993 Kawasaki VN750 Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by danp2630 View Post
                  Really, I thought about those when I bought the Lasertecs but my guy advised my that I would not get the wear out of them that I would get out of the Lasertec. That'll probably be the next set of rubber I apply. Since I'm going to sell that bike in the next year or so, I've all but given up on the 17' conversion idea.
                  The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Michelin

Comment

Are you sure?

Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
                      I've all but given up on the 17' conversion idea.

WOW Thems are some big sneakers. LOL

Comment

I like to roll on radials- they seem more stable aat highway speeds. I ran the old Michelin Macadams ten years ago and they cupped horribly, they claim to have improved them since. I currently have Avaon radials (Azaro? Dont remember the name) and they have held up relatively well. My Avon rear will need to be replaced soon and has 10K miles on it, the front has faired a bit better and has no unusual wear patterns.
                        I think the only radial tires for our bikes are the Avon or Mich Macadams. If anyone knows of another, please post it.

Comment

CP recommends the Z6 Metzlers, but I'm seeing lots of other opinions. Does anyone know of a comparison chart on the tires available for a Kat?

Not to threadjack, but all I read was all "blah blah blah blah blabbity blah..." after seeing DanP2630's avatar.

-
                          -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
                            Not to threadjack
                            btdt.

Comment

Working...
                            X