X

Upgraded 1100F Headlight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded 1100F Headlight?

Has anyone upgraded their hi/low beams, If so what did you use? Thanks..

Originally posted by SupRnatural View Post
    Has anyone upgraded their hi/low beams, If so what did you use? Thanks..
    The Kat 1100 has an awesome dispersion pattern. The problem is that all the current passes through the light switch through itty bitty 22g wire and that causes that voltage to drop to like 10v by the time it hits the bulbs.
    I got two relays from JC Whitney for like $15 total, some 12g wire and one 80/100 watt bulb. The light is super bright yet because of the good reflector design, is well focused so it won't **** people off. I like how there is a gill like look to the light on the sides.

Comment

Nice

Excellent observation DClark. Are you actually the famous American Bandstand MC, and New Years countdown master by any chance ? jk

Comment

Is an HID out of the question? I hear the power packs are the problem because of the space they take up.

Comment

Is an HID out of the question? I hear the power packs are the problem because of the space they take up.
          Honestly, HID is not needed. With relays, you will be getting around 13.5 v at the bulb and combine that with an 80/100w bulb, it will be BRIGHT!
          HID will give you a cool color 9bit bluish), but the combo I am advocating is so bright, that s is a good thing that the Kat has a good reflector.
          Oh, in case you are thinking of it, do not not try a blu tinted bulb to get that "HID" look. I tried one with the relays and it gave less light; it looked rather dim.

Comment

I have both lights upgraded too HID's, the ballasts are no problem causing by their dimensions and for the record I have "regular" ballasts, I saw miniballasts which are easy to stow away under your fairings.

The HID's do have some great advantages over the "old-fashioned" bulbs like a longer lifespan (immune to vibrations/shocks) , less-stressing off the battery (pulling less current), safer for the harness and last but certainly not least emitting much much more light than ANY conventional bulb.
            Just be sure to choose for 4300K or 5000K colortemp.

Comment

Did you design your own kit, or buy one? I would like to install HIDs If I can. More info please..

Originally posted by kwebbel View Post
              I have both lights upgraded too HID's, the ballasts are no problem causing by their dimensions and for the record I have "regular" ballasts, I saw miniballasts which are easy to stow away under your fairings.

The HID's do have some great advantages over the "old-fashioned" bulbs like a longer lifespan (immune to vibrations/shocks) , less-stressing off the battery (pulling less current), safer for the harness and last but certainly not least emitting much much more light than ANY conventional bulb.
              Just be sure to choose for 4300K or 5000K colortemp.

Comment

No design by myself this time, I just bought a set. (actually two, because I needed a H1 and a H3 socket)
                Just try to get a set for a bike, in your case you need Bi-Xenon or just dump highbeam and take a regular single filament. (lowbeam will net you as much light or even more than your stock highbeam....)

Comment

Thanks for info.

Comment

Working...
                  X