X

89 KAT1100 Front brakes squeak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 KAT1100 Front brakes squeak

Pads look thick - what causes the squealing and can I fix it? (only happens at slow speeds ... at stop lights for example....sure is annoying.

you could try chamfering the leading edge of your pads slightly to see if that reduces the squeal, don't take too much off just ease them
    it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy View Post
      Pads look thick - what causes the squealing and can I fix it? (only happens at slow speeds ... at stop lights for example....sure is annoying.
      Probably need to clean the pins.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I had some bad squeeking from my Tufstop ceramic pads when i installed them.
        I removed them, sprayed some anti-brake squeel goop on that back- that stopped the squeel.

Comment

Me personally, I'd pull the pads out, put the caliper pins in a drill chuck and spin 'em while holding a scotchbrite pad on 'em. Then reinstall 'em after coating them with some synthetic caliper grease and put the same stuff on the back of the pads.

At the same time you might want to hit the rotors with the scotchbrite pad as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post

At the same time you might want to hit the rotors with the scotchbrite pad as well.
            possible glazed condition on your rotors. Scuff your pads and rotors. I've also seen guys "scribe" the rotors as well.
            The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

thanks all - I will try it

Comment

Working...
              X