No announcement yet.
X

Top speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something must be wrong with mine. 89' 1100, stock, 22K miles, just refreshed but has seen better days, stops pulling at 130mph in 4th and doesn't hit 11000 RPM. I'm 6', 185# and sitting up right with half tank of gas and new brakes and tires.

Of course, the sombrero may have something to do with it but I'm not positive...

Comment

• Mine stops at 160 .... km/h haha carburation and clutch issues, also needs the primary transmission changing ... but practically 100k and still ticking

Comment

• indicated: 145 without hard bags on, 135 with them on.
        "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeta93 View Post
          Mine stops at 160 .. and still ticking
          ticking is right .... I haven't pushed mine in a while .... first, I'm pretty content to run 90-95 on the hwy .... second, I have some carb issues that I just can't seem to get ironed out. I've had her up to 145mph in the past and I miss that. Right now, my funds are very limited as far as making updates and adjustment. I know I need chain and sprockets as well. I'm beginning to get kind of frustrated with it. I know with a little advice and maybe some assistance, I can make the corrections myself.

We'll see how it goes
          The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

• My first stock 11 would run an indicated 155mph with just a re-jet, probably a little under 150mph genuine

The fighter ran a genuine130 due to gearing & no fairing, but got there a hell of a lot quicker than stock, mods included aftermarket exhaust, aftermarket filter in the stock airbox & a re-jet

The 1216 runs 160+ with great lumps of torque all through the rev range, but is still hampered by being slightly lean at the very top end, mods are bored to 1216, busa pistons, 750 dot head (flowed), k cams, R carbs etc etc just the usual stuff really. new owner has it booked for dyno work on friday so we'll see
            Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

• Update
              the 1216 made 143rwbhp & 87ft lb of torque on the first run & now makes 146.5 & 98ft lb @ speed on the dyno was indicated @ 171mph but will probably be a little less on the road
              Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

• Originally posted by suzy1052 View Post
                Put a 750 " Slingshot" head on these motors and you wont have time to look at the speedometer.
                Really?
                it fits straight on or needs mods?

134/220 mph/kmph on the track with h rated tyres so I was getting nervous but it was still pulling like a school boy
                Last edited by nismo; 01-01-2014, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Just had my 1100 to 155 indicated. After market header, Oval pods. stage 3 jet kit.

Comment

• Hit 150 indicated on my 600 on the eway the other night. Tach was pinned for well over a mile.
                    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• 145 indicated on my 06 750- twobros M2 VALE exhaust otherwise stock. I weigh 190. You know those speedos are always off though... Whatever makes us believe!

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBlack2Bros View Post
                        145 indicated on my 06 750- twobros M2 VALE exhaust otherwise stock. I weigh 190. You know those speedos are always off though... Whatever makes us believe!
                        You guys have alot bigger balls than me!!
                        Good thing I didn't have this bike when I was younger,would have been tempted to try it
                        Bikes:89 1100f 88 1100f 82 goldwing aspencade 82 goldwing naked

Comment

Working...
                        X