X

Top speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

top speed is unknown.. probably will never know

Last year, trying to get away from two idiots that where trying to cuase trouble, I hit the throttle, and after looking back and seeing how far behind they were I looked forward only to see my speed being 200kph and climbing.

The most amazing thing was that I never would have believed it, it did not feel like it (going at that speed), the bike was handling just fine as she does at 100kph.

I proceeded to slowing down just in case a cop would have been around.

It's the fastest I've been on the ground, and while I loved it, it's not something that I'll probably ever repeat.

Laws and cops are just getting worse every day. Just got a ticket over a yellow light (in my car/not the bike) which is absolute crap, which I'll be contesting. I would hate to see what they would have tried if I'd been on the bike,
    JPG
    1988 GSX 1100F

Comment

The ride north Top speed reached

Well, after 8 hours on my Kat 1100 I reached that point of riding where you just do not care any more and want to reach your destination. I put her up to 115mph but I have to say I am a little disapointed in this bikes power!!! I just bought her and she is a 1992 with 42K all stock and was well taken car off but I just feel for an 1100 is should have more. Any cheep suggestions for power gain? K and N air filter? Jet kit?

Comment

Originally posted by kag View Post
        Well, after 8 hours on my Kat 1100 I reached that point of riding where you just do not care any more and want to reach your destination. I put her up to 115mph but I have to say I am a little disapointed in this bikes power!!! I just bought her and she is a 1992 with 42K all stock and was well taken car off but I just feel for an 1100 is should have more. Any cheep suggestions for power gain? K and N air filter? Jet kit?
        4-1 exhaust. K&N or substitute. Jet kit. That will really make it come alive.

Comment

Hmmmm, sounds like you need a tune up. My Kat runs like a rabid bear.

Comment

200km/h indicated and pulling

wont be doing that again untill i get my front tire replaced as mines starting to get a little scalloped and bumpy.

Comment

On my 600 (06) 134 mph---On my 06 750 (06) 137 mph and ready for more...Wait, in town or on the highway?

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

132 on stock 750 +exhaust.... its just so easy...
                THE EMAIL BANDIT
                F4 I stunted out
                Cbr900 (low and stretched)
                MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

I put her up to 115mph but I have to say I am a little disapointed in this bikes power!!! I just bought her and she is a 1992 with 42K all stock and was well taken car off but I just feel for an 1100 is should have more. Any cheep suggestions for power gain? K and N air filter? Jet kit?
                  Mine is all stock, and has seen 240 km/h (149 MPH) indicated and still pulling.

Don't add anything to your bike before you fix it.
                  93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                    On my 600 (06) 134 mph---On my 06 750 (06) 137 mph and ready for more...Wait, in town or on the highway?

ISN'T THIS THE 1100 FORUM?

Originally posted by FastJetta97 View Post
                    132 on stock 750 +exhaust.... its just so easy...

ISN'T THIS THE 1100 FORUM???
                    Last edited by danp2630; 05-04-2008, 08:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by danp2630 View Post

ISN'T THIS THE 1100 FORUM???
                      Like I say, those 750's are cute, even if they don't even amount to 3/4 of a Katana 1100. Those 600's are also adorable- do they come with training wheels too?

Comment

When I first got my 1100, I had it doing an indicated 245 km/h with the optional Krauser hard bags. I never did try it without the bags.

Jollidude

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                          Like I say, those 750's are cute, even if they don't even amount to 3/4 of a Katana 1100. Those 600's are also adorable- do they come with training wheels too?
                          those are the "wannabes".....like the guys who ride a honda rebel and try to deck it out like a HD
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

'scuse me...thought it was open forum..didn't notice the 1100 only...I'll mosie on back to the user friendly HD forum...sure didn't mean to get into this elite area...may I use the front door, or, wait,I see that back door now...
                            Last edited by zuma; 05-05-2008, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                              'scuse me...thought it was open forum..didn't notice the 1100 only...I'll mosie on back to the user friendly HD forum...sure didn't mean to get into this elite area...may I use the front door, or, wait,I see that back door now...
                              The 1100 forum is quite friendly- children with their 600/750 bikes are always welcomed!

Comment

While we're talking numbers here friend, you're only 200cc's smaller than my regular ride, but keep trying, and maybe someday...oh yeah, it goes like, "Dear Santa,"...
                                Last edited by zuma; 05-05-2008, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X