X

hydr. to cable conversion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hydr. to cable conversion

i was wondering if there is a conversion to make the hydraulic clutch into a cable clutch....can the 600/750 cable and cover be swapped over....im not too big into hydr. clutches, did the gsxr1100 come with a cable clutch?

i put the gsxr750h cover on my 1127 motor because i needed the shifter mount on the cover, again it was a hyd' cover but i see no reason why the gsx600f cover shouldn't fit to change it over to cable operation ...

can't say that it definitely will fit tho
    it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

well i got a 600 cover here laying around, might as well try it, was your 750 cover from a o/c gsxr

Comment

What benefits would you get from a cable clutch versus hydr?
        Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

yea off a mid eighties gsxr...

two benefits Paolo, first and most obvious is no need to bleed a cable clutch ..

second, a lot of folks reckon they have better "feel" with a cable clutch especially with hard launches
          it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

im looking for clutch feel....i plan on hitting the 1320 alot this year

Comment

Originally posted by NiteMare View Post
              yea off a mid eighties gsxr...

two benefits Paolo, first and most obvious is no need to bleed a cable clutch ..

second, a lot of folks reckon they have better "feel" with a cable clutch especially with hard launches
              Hi Nitemare,
              mmmm ...I see
              I guess I kinda like the idea of not having to bleed the cable (disposing the reservoire) , losing a few grams of fat and having harder launches......
              Wish IT's not a knife has success with the operation and tells us all about it.....
              Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Working...
              X