No announcement yet.
X

Stock seat or aftermarket????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, because the Katana 1100 is as old as dirt, very few systems are available.[/quote]

That is what I am afraid of. Not very many selections. Guess I will just have to wait for aftermarket exhaust til I get my Busa(wishful thinking).
    1991 Katana GSX 1100 F
    1999 ZRX Kawi 1100, Hubbies bike
    sigpic

Comment

That is what I am afraid of. Not very many selections. Guess I will just have to wait for aftermarket exhaust til I get my Busa(wishful thinking).[/quote]

when i got my ss2r i found it had a great low tone to it with a nice snarl when it hit the cams,in fact i thought it to quiet, so i bought the competition baffel and now it really howls! but i like it that way.I'm the loudest bike of my group,by a little when cruise'in, but when we jump on it It really speaks up loud and clear. got mine off ebay brand new for $300 from dennis kirk.
      WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
      We Will Always remember!
      sigpic

Comment

when i got my ss2r i found it had a great low tone to it with a nice snarl when it hit the cams,in fact i thought it to quiet, so i bought the competition baffel and now it really howls! but i like it that way.I'm the loudest bike of my group,by a little when cruise'in, but when we jump on it It really speaks up loud and clear. got mine off ebay brand new for $300 from dennis kirk.[/quote]

Actually I'm not looking for loud. I had a bike like that before I got this one and I didn't like it. I am interested in the low tones though. thanks.
        1991 Katana GSX 1100 F
        1999 ZRX Kawi 1100, Hubbies bike
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
          BTW, because the Katana 1100 is as old as dirt, very few systems are available.
          that is only true for those without imagination and the desire to create their own choice. any exhaust for a gsx-r will work on a katana....that is a given. and the gix has a vast selection.

the problem is the mid pipe. the only diff between the gix and the kat is the shape of the mid pipe. all you would need to do is modify the mid pipe, and you can make it fit any cannister out there.

but ya...if you just wanna remove it from a box and bolt it on, then your choices are limited.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
            any exhaust for a gsx-r will work on a katana....that is a given. and the gix has a vast selection.
            you do mean a 1100 gixxr right?
            WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
            We Will Always remember!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Katana1100 View Post
              you do mean a 1100 gixxr right?
              yes...the 1127 oil cooled. actually, I believe any oil/air cooled gix....like the 1052. even kawasaki headers will fit. all you need is any header that will fit, and a cannister.....then just have a mid pipe bent at a muffler shop.....voila....custom exhaust as you choose. the only real "challenge" would be the flange where the cannister bolts on, but that is do-able.
              Last edited by Mojoe; 01-26-2008, 08:53 AM.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

type "katana seat" into an ebay search. there was an aftermarket 1100 kat seat listed. cheap too. I would have bought it, but I am sitting on half a dozens seats already, no pun intended.
                Is that pun or bun ....

yes...the 1127 oil cooled. actually, I believe any oil/air cooled gix....like the 1052. even kawasaki headers will fit. all you need is any header that will fit, and a cannister.....then just have a mid pipe bent at a muffler shop.....voila....custom exhaust as you choose. the only real "challenge" would be the flange where the cannister bolts on, but that is do-able.
                Question, I saw a bike on Craigslist.com that had a piece of flex-tube as a mid section on his exhaust. Is that a permanent solution or just a band-aid solution ?
                Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 01-26-2008, 03:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
                  I

Question, I saw a bike on Craigslist.com that had a piece of flex-tube as a mid section on his exhaust. Is that a permanent solution or just a band-aid solution ?
                  Bandaid- it can leak and I heard that flex can have less flow.
                  Look it sounds easy to rig up a system, but outside of the collectors, you have to have the ride mid pipe plus come up with hardware to mount the muffler to the stock location. The latter sounds simple, but it is more chaallenging if you don't want the bike to look "ghetto". I have thought about replacing the muffler on my bike, but I'd only do it if I was at a bike wrecker that had several mufflers for me to match up. If I were to take my mid pipe off and hand it to good muffler shop to make a copy., that would make the whole exercise a breeze- maybe. My muffler is small and I don't know if a Yosh can (which I like) would fit. Also, my muffler doesn't swoop up much, which, though, doesn't look as sporty as it could, allows me the clearance to use my Chase Harper bags, something I really do value, something to think about when pondering a new exhaust (will soft luggage fit there with that exhaust?). These Fat Kats really come into their own when loaded down with crap for a long tour; it would be a shame to take away that ability.

Comment

Working...
                  X