X

carb help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb help

i have a 90 1100 kantana i replaced the fuel cock and when i started back up the fuel poured from the bottom of my left carb the prime is closed and it did set for about 2 mnths before i put the new fuel cock on i was looking for help before i spend out a bunch of money.......ps if your bike is a little slow replace that fuelcock and is what kind of new girl u have mine is a rocket....any help u can give thanks jimbo
    GO HARD OR GO HOME

Need to figure out where exactly it's leaking from . That'll help you figure out what's wrong . May be as simple as a sticky float . Could be the bowl gasket , could be the float is FUBAR , or the float needle is , or something else entirely .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

-Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

i have not work on a lot of bikes so go easy on me but it looks like there is a little hole in the bottom of the carb looks like it maybe coming from that
        GO HARD OR GO HOME

Comment

The drip is coming from the carb drain hole, it's the little nipple on the bottom of the float bowl.

Use a screwdriver handle and tap the float bowl of the offending carb. This may loosen up the dirt/blockage in the float needle.
          2005 GSXF750 Katana
          1991 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
          1993 Kawasaki VN750 Vulcan

Comment

thanks i will try that
            GO HARD OR GO HOME

Comment

Download a copy of the Kat 1100 manual and read the chapter on carbs/fuel
              2005 GSXF750 Katana

Comment

i seen one on 88 i have a 90 will it be the same......sorry im so dumb with bikes just never had to do this much work on one
                GO HARD OR GO HOME

Comment

The size of the carbs and some internal parts are different but the basics are the same.
                  2005 GSXF750 Katana

Comment

thanks brothers if ever in the hill state drop a line i will buy the beer
                    GO HARD OR GO HOME

Comment

No worries you'll get through your carb issues with these people! I'm a girl, new rider and have fixed my carbs. All the best.
                      Ex 1989 Katana owner, he waz a BEAST!

Comment

sorry red rider ........brother is a word old scooter rider like me use to anyone who rides male or female i buy beer for u too
                        GO HARD OR GO HOME

Comment

Hole at the bottom ? Maybe the float bowl drain ain't all the way tight . Maybe you should try to snug it down . It don't need to be GORILLA tight , but snug . If it's snug but still leaking , it's either the screw is bad , there's a crack there , or it's leaking from something else and LOOKS like it's that . Leaks have a way of fooling ya .....

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                            Hole at the bottom ? Maybe the float bowl drain ain't all the way tight . Maybe you should try to snug it down . It don't need to be GORILLA tight , but snug . If it's snug but still leaking , it's either the screw is bad , there's a crack there , or it's leaking from something else and LOOKS like it's that . Leaks have a way of fooling ya .....
                            Or the drain screw is missing completely? I only assume that because he said "Small hole". I dunno, this is your area!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Good point . The hole where the screw goes ain't really all THAT small , though . I guess it's all relative .....

Comment

Working...
                              X