X

Im the new owner of a 1990 1100

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im the new owner of a 1990 1100

i just sold my running 91 600 (25,377mi) streetfighter last night and picked up a '90 1100 (8,934mi) today. looks good, but throttle and choke cables are seized, and was told it needed the carbs gone threw, has been sitting since last july and was told it ran when parked. im thinking it was stored out side the whole time. i bought the 1100 for $550...i think that was a total steal, clear title, good tires, good brakes. i was kinda upset to see a hydr. clutch, but i guess i dont have to worry about breaking a cable. any ideas on how hard the carbs are to clean on the 1100's, any different that the pre98 600's.....i will post pics later on tonight, before i tear it down and get into it....sorry im excited, i finally got a hold of one of these for a good price!!!!!

just tooks some pics

Comment

sweet looking project now get it track ready

Comment

Garry you know i will, hoping to have it at a low 10 high nine, ill be hunting busa's, r1's and zx14's......what size chain is on there? it isnt a 620 is it?

Comment

#532, if stock.

WTH kinda freako mirrors are those?
          93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

You got me, this is the way i got the bike, i have never owned a 1100 before, they are gautty....its gonna be a drag bike so no mirrors apply anyhow....

thats an odd sized chain....i can see why there is a 530 conversion for it.....will the sprockets from a 600-750 fit on that motor....im totally new on the 1127....i spent the last year reading on the 600 and 750's. this is the first time ive even looked in this part of the forum

Comment

the only problem with the hydraulic clutch is clearing the air bubbles out...

just had members of 2 other forums struggle with slipping clutches which turned out to be air in the slave/line, which as the engine heated up expanded and set the clutch slipping ...
              you've got to keep the bike vertical when bleeding or "back bleed" using a large syringe and pushing fluid in thru the bleed point...

apart from that they are fine and when i compare it to my gsxr750ws it is a much lighter system, no cable dragging on the sleeve
              it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Cyber made me up a "1100 Special" bleeder kit, that included the clutch.

Worked just dandy.
                93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

good deal!

However, I don't want to burst your bubble or anything, but you have a longgggg way to go before you can start hunting down busa's, r1's and zx14's. the 1127 in the kat only has 136hp at the crank, and it's a heavy bike. when my 92 was running at optimum, I only managed low 11 @ 130ish mph.
                  My project bike I am working on now (taking me forever to do it) has a chance at hunting down those bikes, but it will take my V&H built racing engine to do it. Stock doesn't stand a chance.

Originally posted by Steveb View Post
                  #532, if stock.

those are stock 88-89 mirrors. 90+ came with the sleeker mirrors with a swivel point near the base. the 90+ look much better, but that's it. they are prone to breaking at the swivel point, and they sit a bit lower and the view is not a good. the 88-89 mirrors sit up higher, are solid enough that I have dropped the bike on it's side without breaking the mirror, and the view behind is much better. so for looks....90+ is better. but for durability and vision, the 88-89 mirrors get my vote.

as far as sprockets.....doesn't the 600-750's use 520? or is it 530?
                  Last edited by Mojoe; 11-11-2007, 01:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

600-AND 750'S use 530's

Comment

Originally posted by Steveb View Post
                      #532, if stock.

Those are the same mirrors I have on my '88 Big Block Kat, totally useless. Who cares where you were anyway.
                      The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Those are the same mirrors I have on my '88 Big Block Kat, totally useless. Who cares where you were anyway.
                        huh?????

NiteMarethe only problem with the hydraulic clutch is clearing the air bubbles out...

with my go kart, ive always used a water bottle and a hose over the bleeder.....takes all the air bubbles out and keeps them from going back in the cyl.
                        Last edited by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE; 11-15-2007, 02:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Maybe it's my height (6'6) but my mirrors are pretty much useless unless I tuck in while riding. Other 1100's I've seen have spacers to extend them further away from the bike. Seems like I've also seen Kat750 mirrors on 1100's.
                          The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

spacers on the mirror arms help when carrying passengers apparently ...

i'm inclined to believe it as when my g/f is riding pillion i can lose a small car in the blind spot directly behind me, no i don't have any spacers
                            it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

...looks like needs a little tlc...oil that chain please...
                              and make it a streetfigheter
                              Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Working...
                              X