X

digital clock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital clock

My clock is not working. Do they take a seperate battery? Do yo have to replace the bat or does it run off the main bat?

Should run off the main battery. Check your wiring - I had an XJ900 that the previous owner had cut the wire (I presume to not drain the battery??).

Comment

I'm pretty sure it runs off a separate battery because I took my battery out and the clock was still running.

Comment

The lithium battery for the clock is in the unit itself.
        93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

You will need to remove the cluster from the bike & take it apart to get to the clock so you can replace the battery(s), I don't remember if it takes one or two batteries, I think it's two.
          I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

thanks, I thought it was a seperate battery, because I saw a cluster for sale on ebay and the clock was working.

Comment

it is definately a seperate battery as I store my 92 and 93 with no batteries installed during winter....and the clock still runs.
              FYI....both my 92 and 93 have the original batteries, and niether have skipped a beat or lost any time since new.
              I actually posted in the past how frickin' amazed I was with those batteries.....especially being stored in -30 winter cold.

oh ya......I also have a couple of spare clusters with working clocks if anyone ever needs one.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

update

According to the microfisch the batteries are discontinued(surprise), so I went to my local discount store and got some energizer #357 button batteries, just a hair thinner and a lot cheaper anyway. They worked fine, now I know when I have to hurry so I am not late!

Comment

Working...
                X