X

Hydro to cable conversion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydro to cable conversion

Still struggling with this bike (1993 Katana 1100).. after rebuilding the entire hydraulic clutch system and it still pressurizing somewhere and prohibiting the clutch from fully disengaging.. I'm not exploring the the cable conversion. Ive searched but could not find any good info pertaining to that for this year/model bike.

Does anyone know what parts are required exactly, and from what year/model bikes can be used? I'm about to give up on this thing and sell it.. I'm tired of dealing with its endless issues! lol ..thanks for any input

I think it would be easier to find the leak in the hydro system than to replace with mechanical.
    Mix some dish soap and water together, let it sit until there are no bubbles . Brush around areas like the plunger, connections.
    Squeeze the lever and see if any of the applied areas grow bubbles.
    bubbles= leaks

Comment

I thought you could just bolt the parts off of a Kat or GSXR 750 to swap to cable.
      01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

I found this on http://oldskoolsuzuki.info/archives/tag/1157 while I was looking for something else…

The clutch covers are depending on the clutch operation, there are 3 possibilities:
        (The dry clutch is left out, to avoid making it more confusing).
        1.The GSXF600, GSXF750 and B6 have the clutch cable connected to a mechanism on the sprocket cover, and the clutch is operated by a push pin through the primary gear box shaft.
        2.The 750R has the clutch mechanism in the clutch cover (on the right side). The 88-89 clutch cover is recognizable by a smooth clutch cover, the 90-91 has a bubble in the center. They are very similar, but since the engines have a different clutch, I don’t think these covers can be swapped, I haven’t tried though.
        3.The 1127’s and B12 all have the clutch mechanism on the sprocket cover, like the 600’s and the 750F, but then hydraulically operated. The mechanisms on the sprocket cover can all be swapped, so it’s possible to put a cable operation from a B6, F6 or F750 on an 1127 (and v.v.), although it might need some adjustment of the length of the pushrod.
        This also means that, since the clutch covers on the 600’s, 750F and 1127’s are nothing but covers, they can be swapped.
        01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

What do you mean by fully disengaging? There is always a little drag in first. Around that time of the year when I need to get a new battery, I make sure I start the engine in neutral. If I try to start in gear with the clutch pulled in, it would kill my dying battery. Also, I have been told Suzuki changed their hydraulic clutch shafts over the years. make sure you have the right one in your bike.

Comment

Working...
          X