Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I just got full Krauser kit, but need help installing it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got full Krauser kit, but need help installing it.

I have soft Chase Harper bags for my bike, but the straps are missing. Rather than replace the straps (around $30 or so) I saw a full set of GSX1100F luggage in Germany pop up for $350 delivered. This is side bags, tail bag, all the mounting gear and one key (very important!).
    Stuff looks good. There are some some scratches, but I I will sand them down, spray primer, then Krylon and maybe even a little clear, should look great.
    But, how these things mount? I can't find any instructions or pdf's on the 'net.

Are those the ones with the frame and turn signals ?
    Seems like those things would be cheaper than that as old as they are.
    I just do the shoulder/backpack thing.

EDIT: Sorry, I always do this shit (edit that is)... but, what I was thinking. You could pay someone to fab you a frame and mount what ever aftermarket saddle bag for that price. Just a thought.
    Last edited by katanarider; 03-27-2019, 08:15 PM.
    My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

They don’t come up often and they also came with the trunk.
      I paid over $300 just for the Shad trunk on my c14 alone. Once you have had hard luggage, you’ll never again want to travel with a bag on your back or a twelve pack of beer tucked inside your jacket, resting on the gas tank!
      Not only do I have hard luggage on my c14, I also have liners ( soft bags in the same shape as the bags). Fill them up, drop’em in the panniers and away you go.
      On top of the convenience, these panniers are huge, with that trunk, they offer serious touring capacity.
      i plan on using this bike a lot as the errand ride, they includes trips to get groceries.

Comment

Makes sense, I have to make frequent stops everyday to get a little here and a little there. It would be more convenient that way.
        My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Another huge plus is that you can lock up your stuff while you do stuff and hey, it’s there when you get back.
          when you add luggage, the mission of your bike changes from a fun short term point a to point b ride that of mileage eating sport tourer. Speaking from experience, the 1100 is happiest when driven for at least 8 hours at speeds averaging 70-80 mph. It takes a “set” as of if it could say “ this is what I was designed for”

Comment

I am so jealous. I have been looking for a set of stock bags. I might just have to grab a set of Givi's and modify them to fit my Kat.
            01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

For one missing bracket, I used a combo of a bar from the hardware store and some washers ( as spacers) job welded to something ( I forget now!), works great.
              They are so ugly that they look cool. Looks like a race bike with big bags tossed on. The side bags actually have more room than those on my concours 14, but the small opening sort of mitigates that.
              I can fit a helmet in one if I place it right but the case will have to flex a bit to accomadate.
              I don’t know if Suzuki sold that rear trunk with the 1100 as an option. Another unique thing compared to the ‘states is that none of the bags say “Suzuki”, they say “Krauser”.
              Only problem now is that I have just one key! Local locksmith thinks he can make another from a different brand and mod it but he needs to see the lock and check out the tumblers in it.
              Im now waiting on some brand new carb slides to arrive .
              I probably won’t be able to ride it until August but hey, it’s good to think ahead, right?

Comment

I kind of might sell my Kat 1100 since I bought a 1992 GSXR 1100 that looks exactly like my first bike. (I am throwing a ton of $$$ at it) But let me know if you decide to ditch the Krauser bags, I might keep the Kat if I had a set.
                01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

I hate to break the news, but I’m going to hang onto them. The bags really give the bike a different character . They hold a bit more than my C14, plus the bike is much lighter and has a lower center of gravity. With all that, this bike has become my go to for errands around town. I’ll probably also occasionally commute to work on it before we get into winter.0

Comment

Working...
                  X