X

92 GSX1100F Missing piece.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 GSX1100F Missing piece.

I recently picked up a 92 GSX1100F that needs a little bit of work. and I'm having a heck of a time finding a replacement for the metal piece that sits in front of the airbox and connects the gas tank to the battery box. Mine unfortunately does not have one. Does anyone here happen to have a spare one and or know where I can get one.

I found that some sellers on ebay sell "miscellaneous" parts for the Katana 1100. I actually bought a parts pile with a bunch of odds and ends, bolts etc...
    You have to be clever when you search...like "Suzuki Power Screen 1100" and "GSXF1100" ect...

EDIT: Oh yeah, not that I'm a moderator...but, you should put questions like this in the "Wanted" section.
    Peace !
    Last edited by katanarider; 03-22-2019, 09:34 PM.
    My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Oh Damn ,good call.! Moderaters, I'm sorry for the newbie goof. Could you move this over to wanted for me....

Comment

In the mean time , get some metal strips from the hardware store , cut into what looks like a proper length , bend into L, drill appropriate place holes and bolt it up.

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
          In the mean time , get some metal strips from the hardware store , cut into what looks like a proper length , bend into L, drill appropriate place holes and bolt it up.
          I'm not so sure that will work because there are hooks that help hold the seat...if I remember correct. And those hooks need to be robust or the seat could become dislodged.

Comment

Oh and katanarider I did Purchase one of those goodie boxes of katana parts and actually got the plate that the plate I'm looking for bolts into. This bike was a total impulse purchase that I did sight unseen but now that I have her I'm totally gonna resurrect her. I'll get some pics up soon

Comment

Thats the same thing I done. Seen mine on Craigslist for $500, so I called. Dude said he had a buyer for $300, so I offered $400. Went and picked it up about midnight. Didn't really get to check everything over like I should have. Come to find out my oil drain plug was stipped and it didn't have any oil. Those threads are very fine and strip easily. Better be EXTRA careful !
              EDIT: Should have been more clear, the oil pan theads strip ! Its aluminum with fine threads. I just re-tapped mine with a car drain plug, which has bigger threads.
              Last edited by katanarider; 03-23-2019, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X