Deal or No Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks -
    Just a little ass ripper in progress
    You mentioned a modified airbox - here is a shot showing the K&N modification, note how much of the tank bracket has to be cut out to use the large air opening (included in the kit)

There is also a post on a do it yourself ignition advancer mod (in the engine section)
    Its not the speed of life that kills you - It's that sudden stop at the end

Comment

Wow Doc, very clean job! I had no idea that it had to be cut that much, but rest assured I have lots of porting and grinding tools to tackle the task. Is it Just Me or does anyone else get excited looking at the placement of that suction device. ; )
      On a more serious note... I have updated the web site with COLOR pictures now.
      Get the latest in news, entertainment, sports, weather and more on Currently.com. Sign up for free email service with AT&T Yahoo Mail.

Anyone in the Gainesville or surrounding areas, We will be renting the track at Gainesville in a few weeks, to test out the new eng in the dragster. I am sure if 2 or 3 of you guys show up it would not be a problem to let you run down track a few times. (on your bike or car, no charge of coarse) But I must know in advance, and make sure you can make it before taking up a spot. When we have a firm date on the track rental, I will post it here. (normally on a sunday) Can only allow 3 at the most, but all are welcome to come and watch.
      Say What You Mean, Mean What You Say!

Comment

I wish I could - would be fun to see what the Kat would do,
        But I live just outside Seattle WA so the commute might be a bit long
        The engine pics look good - let me know how the ports flow.
        as for other Kat riders - try the shout box on the main page with that offer and watch the group break all records to get there.
        Thanks
        Doc
        Its not the speed of life that kills you - It's that sudden stop at the end

Comment

Update;
          Motor is in the car, Custom headers (sst, 2 3/8 x 2 1/2 step with a Formula 1 Merge collector) will be here mid week, Racepak data recorder will be here end of week (I hope) Target of track rental is the 18th or the 25th. Gentlemen Start Your Tuning and get ready for Rumble in G-Ville.

Mojoe, Did you get my PM? If not, this is what I wanted, I see you have an F model like me. Was wondering if you had an extra (if there is such a thing) pair of rear view mirrors? Also, I need a pair of cams out of a slingshot 750, (yeah dream on right LOL) or out of a F model V710 1127, or a 1127 GSX-R Eng. (in that order) Also a few rockers if you have any. Thx in advance for looking. Kar

Comment

Rumble at G-Ville Update;
            Well the headers are in and they are sweet, I will put pics on website soon. The bad news, racepack is behind schedule and it will be at least 4 weeks before we are ready to rent the track.

Comment

GRRRRumble in G ville. well we are waiting on the racepak comp and the new fuel tank and blast plate. The chrome guys are backed up. Now it looks like we will just make the first summit race of the year. March 31, maybe just before, but not sure the track will be available the sunday after the nationals.

Comment

OK, we are ready to rent the track at gainsville on 03/28/07 after 10am. One problem, frank hawley will be holding a TAD class also on that day, so we will be sharing the track with him. Please let me know ASAP if anyone is going to show up and bring something to run down the track. Anyone who wants to come watch is welcome, please email me so I know how many to expect.

My email is [email protected]

Comment

OK, I guess no one can or wants to come out to G ville. I will be Driving and reading the data recorder and tuning, so I will be very busy and I guess that is good I have no distractions.

I have updated my album on my web site, the Kat1 and Dragster ones anyway.

Get the latest in news, entertainment, sports, weather and more on Currently.com. Sign up for free email service with AT&T Yahoo Mail.

I will update you guys on how the dragster ran in a few days, as our first points race of the year will be this coming Saturday, it will be a very busy next few days.

Comment

Gainesville went pretty well, eng ran flawless, but tire shake broke lots of things. Info on my web site in the Advanced ET/ Super Comp Dragster part of the album.

No one showed up from here, sorry to say.

Comment

Updated my web site with current pic's of my bike. Runs unreal. 14x52 sprockets, 110+ in second gear, 12,000+ rpm and still pulling.
                      Current exhaust is a 4 into 1 kerker, 2" od midpipe. Cutting off the 2"collector and enlarging to a 2 1/8 collector and midpipe and installing a 2 1/8 vance and hines slipon. Sounds much deeper, with no bad harmonic rpm.

Thx for all the help, special thx to Hank, for answering some of my questions, all 100,000 of them.

Comment

Thx again to ALL that have helped and or tried to help. The bike runs Great, pulls hard from low rpm, pulls harder above 7500 all the way to 12,500+. Bike runs well over 100 in second gear with stock gearing and tires. Having a hard time trying to stay out of the police cross hairs, guess the RED paint does help even the Blind drivers to see me, but the police see me too good. 1 ticket (70 in a 40) 2 warnings, 15+ almost hit the throttle at the wrong time and wrong place.

Dragster update, won money first time out with the Advanced ET/ Top Dragster. At SGMP (South Georgia Motor Plex) near Valdosta GA. Went to the quarter finals on day 2 of the race. Had a perfect light, .000 and a .006, .008, .012, .036 and a .065 that was the losing light of coarse, lol. Has run a best of 7.06 @ 190 so far with some tuning still left on the table. God I love my job.

Comment

Working...
                        X