No announcement yet.
X

1100 Kat owners; Let's see it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice. Looks a bit off with the frame being the only thing that breaks up the blue. Are you planning to add some details?
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• I'll probably put some white decals in the stock locations. Still finishing up the little things. Adjusted my suspension and got my brakes working properly today. Still gotta get a speedo healer to get the Bandit speedo dialed in.

Comment

• Nice... I like
        "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• Originally posted by thebird_19 View Post
          ...Still gotta get a speedo healer to get the Bandit speedo dialed in.
          You're using an electronic speedo? How'd you do the pickup sensor?

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            You're using an electronic speedo? How'd you do the pickup sensor?
            Had a friend machine me a spacer(Really a thick washer) and then welded that to the nut and the speed rotor to that.

Oh and used a 02 bandit sprocket cover.

Comment

• Right now, that seems like an awful lot of work just to do away with the cable setup. Maybe we can meet up sometime once I've moved back to Jacksonville and I'll get a chance to be astounded by the coolness of your mod.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Originally posted by thebird_19 View Post
                Had a friend machine me a spacer(Really a thick washer) and then welded that to the nut and the speed rotor to that.

Oh and used a 02 bandit sprocket cover.
                Post some pics of the speed rotor and cover and how the Bandit gauges look installed.
                Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

Right now, that seems like an awful lot of work just to do away with the cable setup. Maybe we can meet up sometime once I've moved back to Jacksonville and I'll get a chance to be astounded by the coolness of your mod.
                  It was a lot of work, but the cable setup was done away with went I got the deal on the k7 gsxr 1000 front end. The Bandit gauges were the closest thing I could find to stock as far as having a fuel gauge and tach with the right rpm range and I think it makes it look more modern.

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                  Maybe we can meet up sometime once I've moved back to Jacksonville and I'll get a chance to be astounded by the coolness of your mod.
                  When are you moving back? I was thinking more like you could help me do your dual Hid mod.
                  Last edited by thebird_19; 06-15-2012, 06:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Here's some pics of the gauges and speed sensor. The speed rotor looks bad there because I had just tacked it up to make sure it was going to register and hadn't cleaned it up yet. The first time it didn't have a big enough spacer and it wouldn't pick up so I had to make it longer. You need about a 3/8" spacer between the rotor and nut to bring it out the speed sensor.

Comment

• The gauges look good. What's going on with your left bar switches, though?

Originally posted by thebird_19 View Post
                      ...When are you moving back? I was thinking more like you could help me do your dual Hid mod.
                      I'd be glad to give you a hand. I'm moving the family at the end of this month (I'll be in town for about 3 weeks, getting the house fixed up, etc.) then I come back up here until mid-September when I head back down there for good.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

The gauges look good. What's going on with your left bar switches, though?

Yeah their pretty ugly. Removed the powerscreen switch since thats gone now, and just using the stock switch till I can get a Busa one or maybe Bandit.

I'd be glad to give you a hand. I'm moving the family at the end of this month (I'll be in town for about 3 weeks, getting the house fixed up, etc.) then I come back up here until mid-September when I head back down there for good.
                        Great. I'd love to see your bike. I travel for work so I'm gone alot but when I'm in I try to ride with a few of the guys from arkriders.

Comment

• I've got two katanas! A 93 gsx 600 that's I am currently chopping off the rear end off and have installed a 2008 gsxr 600 rear shock on!

And I have a 91 gsx 1100f that I have just put a after market front light and fairing along with a custom megaphone dual exhaust and clip on bars.

Once I figure out how to upload damn pictures ill throw some up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Marais View Post
                            Hi guys & girls.
                            Found a nice Fat Kat and did some mods:
                            Wheels off a FJR 1200 (BIG 310 mm discs),
                            K&N filter (rejetted on dyno),
                            4-2-1 exhaust with Matsemoto Racetech canister,
                            1 of a kind sprayjob.
                            Fitted 91 GSXR 1100 4 pot calipers. A couple of weeks ago. Also have the 91's cams in. It hits rev limiter in top gear with the speedo needle off the clock, past 280km/h. Easily lifts the front wheel up to 4th gear.

Comment

• Hey crew ...hoping this group is still active.
                              I just recently bought a 1993 GSXF1100 KATANA for $1800 cdn . It's in fair shape cosmetically but I do need a few things to make her road worthy ..
                              I'm in Ontario Canada 🇨 and would like to find someone to ride with

Comment

Working...
                              X