• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my 93 all stock I am the first owner
    Attached Files

Comment

stock for now, 93:mrgreen:

Comment

Do any of you with the purple and gray 1100s know the paint code for the gray color. I think its called shark gray. Color rite are not too sure of the code. I hate to cough up $50.00 for the wrong color paint.

Comment

Originally posted by NiteMare View Post
          i've no idea, but without the engine in it i can pick up the rolling chassis on my own and i'm your official nine-stone-weakling
          if you can pick up a rolling frame, with swingarm and forks and both wheels installed, you are not that much of a weakling cuz it is still pretty heavy. the bikes weighs around 525lbs, and the engine alone is about 150-175. so minus the engine and all the other stuff, you are still looking at at least 200lbs.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Got mine about 3 years ago (already) This is my 4th bike, but the previous one was over 10 years before.

Aside my bikes, I've driven a few others, but nothing prepared me for the big Kat when I first got on. 2 weeks later and I was fine, and now, she almost feel small.

So far, it's been more or less normal wear and tear stuff, and finding out about it's quirks.

The only "bad" I find is her weight, I kinda miss the agility to jump or go on grass that I had with my previous bikes, but I get the road hugging with her that compensates, at least to a degree as the streets are in serious need of repairs around here.

I'm heading to the shop either today or tomorrow for a chain/sprocket change and new battery.

So after this, she'll have cost me as much to do the changes to the brakes/tires/oil/etc as I bought her for.

But she still looks and runs great for an '88.
            JPG
            1988 GSX 1100F

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
              if you can pick up a rolling frame, with swingarm and forks and both wheels installed, you are not that much of a weakling cuz it is still pretty heavy. the bikes weighs around 525lbs, and the engine alone is about 150-175. so minus the engine and all the other stuff, you are still looking at at least 200lbs.
              aluminium 750 slabby frame, not the all steel Katana monstrosity

i have both this toy and my old 1127 powerscreen , the weight difference between the two going by just sitting on them or pushing them around is amazing
              Last edited by NiteMare; 08-27-2008, 02:53 PM.
              it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Mods: Stage 1 DynoJet jet kit, K&N air filter, 5* Factory Pro advancer, Corbin seat

The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

I,m new to this site so bear with me. I asked about the gray paint on a 1993 gsx1100fp Katana. I would like the paint codes from someone please.I dont want to buy the wrong clor from Colorite at $50.00 per can. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by albion2 View Post
                    I,m new to this site so bear with me. I asked about the gray paint on a 1993 gsx1100fp Katana. I would like the paint codes from someone please.I dont want to buy the wrong clor from Colorite at $50.00 per can. Thanks
                    Here ya go.

My carbon foot print is bigger than yours.

1988 GSX1100F with 93 plastic, Avon AV45 front & AV36 rear rubber and a SS2R full exhaust system.
                    Other bikes:
                    2 1985 CR500
                    1 1987 CR500
                    1 2003 CR85 Supermoto

Comment

Nice colours

Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
                      Mods: Stage 1 DynoJet jet kit, K&N air filter, 5* Factory Pro advancer, Corbin seat

My old leathers are black with red lines, and would fit this bike soooooooooo well.

I'd almost wish that my bike would be with these colours, but the fact is, the leathers no longer fit me.

And it's sad as it's great set (coat and pants that zip together) and still in good shape.

One more thing to remind me of how old (and bigger) I am....

The worse part, is that even my 14 year old daughter is too large for it too.
                      JPG
                      1988 GSX 1100F

Comment

1990 Katana

Here's my 1990. I bought it new and the only thing I added is the tank cover. It has about 23000 miles.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is my 91 Kat with 35k on the clock and all origional. A few pics and what I was riding when my carbs acted up, lol
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Special K View Post
                            Mine:

94 Kat 600 with 1127 engine
                            That...is one sweet ride!!!!! Nice work K.
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

My 1990 GSX1100F. First bike i've owned, had it about a month now. I love the power, the thing is basically a muscle car on two wheels.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4mUHV_o39M"]YouTube- ‪1990 Suzuki GSX1100F Katana Burnout‬‎[/ame]
                              -1990 Suzuki Katana GSXF1100
                              -2007 BMW 335xi (Retired )
                              -2008 Audi S5
                              -2010 Land Rover Range Rover

Comment

I have owned many bikes over the years, quite a few Suzukis, but this is my first Kat. Heres my 91 when first bought last may. The previous owner, owned the bike for 5 years and managed to put on a whopping 3200 miles on the bike. Just turned 29,500 when i got it. the bike was all stock except for a Vance and Hines pipe. I have since rebuilt carbs, power wheelies whith ease in 1st and 2nd gear! Done away with the stock mirrors, replaced stock turn signals, installed an H.I.D. hi/lo beam headlight. The bike has a much cleaner look in my opinion. Next step is to smooth off front turn signal mounts and flush in new turn signals and paint. Not many people know what kind of bike it is... And those who do, show much respect
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X