X

Oh sr555 triple nickle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh sr555 triple nickle

I've been looking at vids of this route and I'm thinking of tackling it in the next month or so. From the previous posts I see that is a technical route, and want to know if I'm ready for something like this with just a year worth of riding experience? I've been on roads with blind sharp turns, and take things REALLY slow on roads the first few passes. It looks really fun and just want some imput from you all that have been on it.
    "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
    1 Corinthians 10:31
    sigpic

Never mind removed my comment as I didn't read other post fully...lol

google showed me this link :-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUiuJ01Fadc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUiuJ01Fadc[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrZ8WpLkEI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrZ8WpLkEI[/ame]
    Last edited by ManQu; 05-10-2013, 09:25 AM.
    I'm outa here

Comment

im not seeing anything real technical about that, looks like most of the roads here in Muskoka around cottage country in Ontario
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Doing further youtube researchI've seen that it really doesnt seem to have many sharp 90 degree turns and blinds, which I still need work on. Lots of curves, sweeping corners, and very hilly. There was a video walk around that was showing horse poo, and mud, dirt and gravel has also been reported to be on the roads. This is expected in Omish and farm lands I guess. Some report that they got motion sickness a bit due to the constant hills as its described as an hour long roller coaster ride! I believe I can tackle this and will be heading up there within the next month! Really excited to venture out of Warren, Clermont, and Hamilton counties that have been the most of my riding experience here in OH.
        "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
        sigpic

Comment

Like with many other roads, I don't think video does it justice. What you run into is that because of the hills, it is difficult to anticipate what is coming next. You might top a hill and immediately have to turn one way or the other. There are a couple turns that are unexpected and very tight.

With this said, if you ride within your limits, anything is possible. If you exceed those limits, you can get into trouble. There are plenty of people that have gone off 555 because they exceeded what they can handle.

It is fun to ride though.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by JIB View Post
            Like with many other roads, I don't think video does it justice. What you run into is that because of the hills, it is difficult to anticipate what is coming next. You might top a hill and immediately have to turn one way or the other. There are a couple turns that are unexpected and very tight.

With this said, if you ride within your limits, anything is possible. If you exceed those limits, you can get into trouble. There are plenty of people that have gone off 555 because they exceeded what they can handle.

It is fun to ride though.

Good luck.
            Thanks for the info JIBI plan on just enjoying the ride for the first time to get the feel for the route and not trying to do a Moto GP time pass. I'm sure if others are riding I'll be passed up and I'm find with that. I just don't want to endanger anyone or myself due to lack of experience since I've only been riding a year. Hopefully riding posted limits for my first time on this route won't annoy riders with more experience...Nothing can duplicate a real life experience on a road without a doubt! From the vids I've watched though, I feel that if I ride within my limits I should enjoy this route.
            sigpic

Comment

Yep, always ride within your limits and you will do fine. Even when we go out in groups we just tell everybody to ride thier own ride and don't sweat trying to keep up with the faster riders.

Comment

Heading out to the Triple Nickle tomorrow morning! Really excited to hit this road and have some fun! Hope the gravel will be at a minimum, but I've been told to expect it, but its not over the entire route so that'll work. I'll give a review afterwards!
                sigpic

Comment

Hope u r having a safe ride. Back in december, racer87 n I did a lot of "drifting" practice due to the excessive amounts of gravel( that n the fact that it was 34degees ). Ohhh, n the fact that Bill is a machine n just gives it more when u r puckering up tight enough to turn coal into diamonds. Lmfao.
                  sigpic
                  1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Well I rode the Triple Nickel over the weekend and had a fantastic time! The route is not that bad, but just like riding any other new route, it demanded my full attention. There were some blind corners and sharp turns that I eased into. Gravel spots scattered across this route too so keep your eyes up on that as well. On my way back down the route I was able to follow and keep up with a guy on his cruiser, and this made a section of the ride really enjoyable! Having someone who knew the road ahead of me helped entering the turns, and I was able to ride his line without riding too close. I also have to work on my target fixation. I crossed the yellow once, and it scared me a bit, but it was near the end of my route. There was also a group of super sport riders behind me that let me ride my own ride and didn't pass me, which I'm assuming I wasn't too slow, or they weren't being jerks and thought they were on the track. I mainly just did the speed limit which is 55MPH out there which made it tons of fun! The hills!!! Man it really was like a coaster ride in some parts! Very nice scenery as well. If you are in the Little Hocking area of Ohio and get the chance, give this route a try!
                    sigpic

Comment

Wear gear, check your tire pressure, check your oil level, clean the sidewalls and have fun. If it starts to step out just remember not to panic. If you get into a bend and suddenly realize you can't keep it on the road, look for a spot to BAIL. Never try to ride it out, the bike isn't worth your legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempted View Post
                        If it starts to step out just remember not to panic. If you get into a bend and suddenly realize you can't keep it on the road, look for a spot to BAIL. Never try to ride it out, the bike isn't worth your legs.
                        :

:

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Talking about the sand/dirt/gravel in the bends. Its easy to have the back end step out.

If you take a corner faster than the bike can handle, bail instead of trying to ride it out. Sometimes sharp corners sneak up on us.

Comment

Working...
                          X