X

Stupid Cager . . .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Cager . . .

Well today I took quite a spill . . .While cruising along, this lady is looking to turn a few roads down from where I'm at. Well she looks at me, looks the other way then starts going. She looks back at me and slams on the brakes, by then it was too late . .

The road being a 2 lane, narrow one. I tried to brake and ease over to the side. . . Like I said it was too late . . . I slammed the front corner of her car and flew over the hood, did a tuck and roll and too many witnesses surprises a perfect 10 out of 10 . . . She was COMPLETELY at fault, yet I still get ticketed and my bike towed . . . I'm not so mad as I am just happy to be here now. The moral of this story is no matter how experienced one thinks they may be, all it takes it someone to make one stupid mistake. I wish you all safe riding; first time riders and seasoned Vets.
    Jah Bless.

Not sure I understand your story. Was she in the opposing lane and turned into you?
    Extra life.

Comment

So what did you end up getting ticketed for?!?! Sounds like there's either more to the story or the lady knew the cop.

Comment

You need to be a bit more descriptive of what happened...were you at an intersection? behind her?
        Last edited by teddy; 07-30-2012, 10:34 AM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

He got ticketed for being too enthusiastic about the Olympics and doing Gymnastics in the middle of the road, in the driving lane of some nice old Lady, while leaving his motorcycle unattended.....

Glad to hear you are ok at the end of it all...
          "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Sorry guys was still a lil woozy writing it lol. I was cruising 30 down a two lane, and the lady was turning left onto the road I was on, trying to go the way I was coming. basically I t-boned the front/side where the headlight is. Like something you'd see in those crazy Indonesia crash videos.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOqDkFGLjbs"]Yamaha R6 near miss, almost hits a car - YouTube[/ame]

Perfect example of what happened, just I was going 30 not 60 like this guy . . . and I didn't miss the car like this guy lol.

Oh yea and no insurance on my bike therefore thats why i got the ticket and the bike towed . . . no ones fault for that but mine. =(
            Last edited by TairyHesticals; 07-30-2012, 01:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I see, makes sense now. Did she also get cited then? If not, she should have.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                I see, makes sense now. Did she also get cited then? If not, she should have.
                from what i understand "no insurance" is treated as you should not have been on the road in the first place, therefore its your fault the other person hit you. (i think either a cop or a driving instructor told me that, cant remember)
                if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
                  from what i understand "no insurance" is treated as you should not have been on the road in the first place, therefore its your fault the other person hit you. (i think either a cop or a driving instructor told me that, cant remember)

Depends on where you live. Florida has insurance requirements only if you decide to not wear a helmet... if you wear it, no need for insurance to be legally on the road...
                  "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

1. Riding without insurance makes no sense, even just from the standpoint of what if YOU caused an accident, how would you compensate the victim?

2. Florida's state goverment again shows the incomparable legal stupidity it is famous for.

Comment

Up here in the the north, no insurance means your at fault regardless of the circumstances. In fact, had this incident occurred here, the woman's ins co would pay for the damages to HER vehicle, then sue the non insured driver that hit her.

It's a fools game to operate a motor vehicle with no insurance. I'm not calling the op a fool,don't get me wrong, but if he gets out of this without covering the damages to her vehicle, he'll be a lucky fellow. And let's hope she doesn't discover a soft tissue injury in the next week or so.

If you can't afford insurance, park it, FFS.
                      1990 GSXF 1100
                      2011 KLR 650

Comment

Working...
                      X