X

Capt.Crashes riding tips on video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt.Crashes riding tips on video

Thought I would share this for all the new riders, sometimes its easier to see it being done then it to read about it. Capt. Crash is a local riding instructor and puts some good tips on YouTube. When I started riding watching his videos helped a lot.

Motorcycle tutorial videos focusing on basic and advanced skills. Capt Crash is also the author of "Motorcycles, Life and..." as well as "The Elemental Motorcyclist" both books published by www.roaddogpub.com
    Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way turn.

2001 Katana 600
    2007 Honda Reflex
    1992 Ninja ZX7

I feel he leaves alot out.. he has good points...but he neglects to mention other thing that are just as important.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
      I feel he leaves alot out.. he has good points...but he neglects to mention other thing that are just as important.
      Which videos did you watch and what important stuff do you think was left out?
      Extra life.

Comment

This guy is a regular on one of the other bike forums I frequent - Pretty good info in all the videos I've watched.

Might be my still somewhat newbness showing through, but I also wonder what is considered "missing"?
        Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard. --
        H. L. Mencken

Comment

I frequent Jerry 'Motorman' Palladino and Mordeth13 videos too.
          Extra life.

Comment

Originally posted by rockat View Post
            Which videos did you watch and what important stuff do you think was left out?

I watched a few of them and the main one that stuck out was when he was advising riders to ride the left side of the left lane on a 5 lane road (suicide lane), he mentions all this stuff about getting hit by the person in the suicide lane but not a word about people turning left from parking lots on his right.
            and interestingly enough the advise he gave his listener may put them in danger if they are unaware that motorcyclist also get killed by a VERY similar left turn from the right.... and he didn't mention it once. but I guess his listeners are supposed to know better because in one of his later videos he preaches situational awareness, which is a catch all...

Originally posted by rockat View Post
            I frequent Jerry 'Motorman' Palladino and Mordeth13 videos too.
            I really like M13 but I wouldn't consider him a good source for safety advise either, but he's not afriad to be him self and stand up for what he believes is right and i admire that.... and he's really funny.
            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
            Tony
            94 Katana 600

Comment

Yeah M13 was great before i took my MSF course, gave me a little extra confidence in everything before sitting down on the bike. But i do agree there are a few little things missing. But good information for starting none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                I watched a few of them and the main one that stuck out was when he was advising riders to ride the left side of the left lane on a 5 lane road (suicide lane), he mentions all this stuff about getting hit by the person in the suicide lane but not a word about people turning left from parking lots on his right.
                and interestingly enough the advise he gave his listener may put them in danger if they are unaware that motorcyclist also get killed by a VERY similar left turn from the right.... and he didn't mention it once. but I guess his listeners are supposed to know better because in one of his later videos he preaches situational awareness, which is a catch all...

I really like M13 but I wouldn't consider him a good source for safety advise either, but he's not afriad to be him self and stand up for what he believes is right and i admire that.... and he's really funny.
                I guess I can see your point. I think CaptCrash's videos are really just snippets of specific techniques and scenarios.

I agree, that I definitely don't consider him a good source for motorcycle safety. He's a lil too loosey goosey for my taste in terms of strict advice. Though, I do think he is knowledgeable and I like his videos. Particularly, because the ones I have seen have been in southeast Asia, which is just cool.
                Extra life.

Comment

Working...
                X