X

FEELING THE ITCH...TRACK DAYS....?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEELING THE ITCH...TRACK DAYS....?

Ok guys and gals. Kinda feeling the itch....

Never done a track day before. Can anyone tell me a little about it? Classes? Cost? What to watch out for? Format? (Is anyone going to double-over and puke from laughing too hard at me if I go too slow?)
    sigpic

im itching to do one too...there's a nice one down in maryland that stevnmd goes to alot, im looking to hit that one up in the spring. gonna be invaluable for everyday riding as well as the gap rally coming up!! 8)

Comment

I would like to go to a track day but first have to save up for some full leathers.
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Depends on where and when you want to go Tom. SoCal Riders have alot of them in Parump, SCSB has them at Willow and Fastlaps has them at Fontana. I've only done the ones at Fontana and they are really good. First time out, you will have to prep the bike (taping up the lights, removing mirrors, changing out the coolant and safety wiring (maybe)). then you go through a safety school (was around 60 dollars, might be more now). Once you do that, you start out in the beginners class (no passing, except on straights, in line through the corners and experianced riders leading and trailing. You can work up a level or two (there are 4 in all) in a day if you're really good. No, you won't get laughed off the track (I haven't been yet) as everyone starts out in level 4 anyway unless you have already done a track day. I think Willow is similar to Fontana though.
        sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
        MSF Rider Coach 27028
        MoPowerSports.com
        Torco
        SoCalTrackDays

Comment

There is this friend of mine that has this girlfriend that wants to buy him (and me ) a trackday for Christmas can anyone help?
          1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
          2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
          Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by BearKat
            There is this friend of mine that has this girlfriend that wants to buy him (and me ) a trackday for Christmas can anyone help?
            help as in what? if you want her to buy me a ticket down, I can help...hold an umberella? Fill the tank with gas? Ftch you snacks?

I can do it! 8)

Comment

Track days are the absolute best investment in your riding that you can do. Nothing will make you smoother, faster, and more confident. Awesome experience!!!

Actually, there is no road racing circuit in MD. I believe NFS was referring to Summit Point, which is just outside of Charlestown, WV...

Check out http://www.nesba.com and/or do a seach for track day organizers in your area. I'm sure there's several out there...
              -Steve

Comment

also if you take your bike you have to
                All glass, headlight, turn signals, and plastic lenses, taped over or removed.
                Mirrors removed
                Remove all lighting fuses
                Removal of coolant and replaced with water & water wetter
                Tire weights taped
                Kickstand removed (you will need a bike stand if this is performed)
                elmet Helmet must be undamaged DOT full faced Helmet with face shield

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riding Boots Riding Boots must cover the ankles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riding Gloves Gloves must cover entire hand and extend over the wrist

Leather Suits Leather Suit may be one piece or two piece that zips together
                but if you want to be a better rider there is no better way to learn

Comment

Working...
                X