X

Right hand turn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right hand turn

I have been riding on and off for over a year now.Im around 2500 miles that I have put on my bike now. My question is I still can not master right turns. I slow way down . Anyone have advice on right turns? I look like a old man turning so slow. Thanks

practice rossi didnt learn to do what he does now over nite hes ridden probalby a million miles

Comment

are you left handed?
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

How are you on left hand turns.

Comment

Don't keep the clutch pulled in

Atleast that was the problem for one person i helped today
          (She had very similar problems when doing 90 degree turns)

just thought i'd mention it heh
          -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

+1 on the practice. One thing that helped me a lot also was reading. I read several books on street riding. My favorites are Total Control by lee parks and Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch. Read then practice, it worked well for me. Good luck!
            'He who is not afraid will always be safe'
            --Lao Tzu

Comment

dude, 2500 miles in around a year? i've put about 4000 on my Kat in the last 3 months.

as far as right turns go... ummm... just do the same thing you do for left turns.

go find a nice big parking lot... and start riding in circles... vary your speed... switch back and forth between clockwise (right) and counterclockwise (left).

once you get the hang of that do some large figure 8's... then make them smaller and smaller.

do that for a good 30 minutes every time you ride until you get it down. the world is not a nascar track... so its a good idea to be proficient at turning both ways.
              I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Here's what I do/did on both street and dirt.

This is gonna sound a bit too simple but.........

Try to pay as much attention to what you,your body and the bike is doing when excuting your left turn. Then try to mimic that when turing right.

I too was alway better at turning left whether on street,dirt,skates,snowboard etc....

Couldn't figure out why until I noticed subtle difference one way as compared to the other. Such as shifting body weight, not leading with my head or looking as far ahead as possible........

Pay attention.........you'll be amazed at what you cn learn from yourself.

Give it a try and I hope this helps.

cheers

Buc
                it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Im fine with left turns.I have the parking lot thing down very well.I have passed the riding test in Ohio. Im good with right turns if I slow down. My development is of a 55 mph road and I need to turn right on to my street.
                  I suppose it will come in time.

Comment

are you left handed?
                    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

yeah it will.. remember, look through the turn the whole time, the whole way. It'll come. Dont look down at the road in front of you. If you are left handed, its natural to be alittle tentative on the opposite side at first.

Comment

No I am right handed. I guess it will just come in time. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                        X