X

Who needs a liter bike, anyway????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who needs a liter bike, anyway????

Since buying the red beast, I've made a real effort to baby her during the break in period. Today, while riding in to work, I opened her up a little to get into the powerband. What a rush! The scenery became a blur for a minute, and I could feel the power from my little 600 comin' on. The adrenaline started flowing... It was the most entertaining ride I've had thus far, even though it was very short... Kinda made me want to keep on going. Can't wait 'til I get the service done so I can get the RPMs up a little more! This is all the bike I'm gonna need for a while.....
    2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Yeah... thats what I thought for the first month or two also. Then I started thinking... hmmm... so this is only around 60hp... imagine 100+hp... :smt119
    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

I've never gotten any closer then 3/4 the way there..

Comment

One of the reasons I alternate my rides for my commute to work.
        The ZX is really fun for twisties but the pull of the torque from the B12 is something else.

Comment

Unfortunately..............the rush is only short lived.

Enjoy it while you can put don't over do it and get too confident.

cheers

it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

It gets addictive... I have a 90 750 and I keep thinking if anything happens to the motor I may have to find a B12 engine to replace it.... mmmmmm delicious 450cc increase
            I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

i remember the first day i got mine although already broken in i was scared of it because it would jerk me in first no matter how lightly i would give it gas..

so alternativly the next day after i was a little comfortable i said he full throttle OMG this scared the shit out of me a bit but i was like hey that wasnt all that bad.

now that im all use to it i can't ride due to my damn engine :'( i don't wana think about that now so im going to go cry in a corner

Comment

There's something to be said for getting the most out of your bike.

Comment

I rode a GSXR1000 and it was INSANE. It was actually pretty quiet and easy to control at low speeds. The problem was keeping it at low speeds and managing the throttle. If you give it a small amount of throttle, the digital speedometer just skipped higher and higher. I'd think about getting a liter bike once I have more experience, but I'd never get all of the power out of it.

Comment

when I first got my katana I couldnt believe that anything was faster. Then after a season, and getting dusted on the highway by my uncle, I started to want something with more power
                    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I gota liter bike, and it really is insane. Put along in first gear till about 5k on the tach, let go of the throttle, and rip back on it.... the front just comes up with zero effort. It is crazy insane.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                        I gota liter bike, and it really is insane. Put along in first gear till about 5k on the tach, let go of the throttle, and rip back on it.... the front just comes up with zero effort. It is crazy insane.
                        Wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with the rider, would it????? HMMMMM???? (just kidding, Lou)

Seriously, though, I can't imagine what big league horsepower feels like. If my little 600 can have such a high grin factor, something like tdrcomm's 'Busa would be just mind boggling...
                        2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Originally posted by paperairplane
                          It gets addictive... I have a 90 750 and I keep thinking if anything happens to the motor I may have to find a B12 engine to replace it.... mmmmmm delicious 450cc increase
                          How about a B12 with the 1216 kit and maybe Gixxer cams ? Now that could be a new rush.

Comment

Working...
                          X