No announcement yet.
X

New Guy With Some Questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The driveway is made up of larger sized gravel, probably about spherical nickel size, and it's packed fairly well from me driving over the exact same path day in and day out. I was actually thinking about it this evening, that they just redid the road out in front of my place and while it will make for an awesome riding road(it has some decent twists, and is now nice and new), there's a definate lip between the new asphalt and my driveway, probably about 2", and it's somewhat sandy. One of the aspects of living in the country that sucks. I'm thinking I might need to get to work on getting rid of that lip.

I like your idea of adding a little bit of concrete every week or so. I may have to do that, if I can gather up the motivation, lol. It will definately have to be a longer path though, my place is back about 60 yards, but it's doable I guess, I need to look at it. That little cement mixer you posted is really cool. I may need to get one just to have around anyways for setting fence posts and whatnot. Do you think that if I were to do the few feet per payday plan that it would end up looking odd with all the different applications of cement?

Comment

Originally posted by g_man500a
      Do you think that if I were to do the few feet per payday plan that it would end up looking odd with all the different applications of cement?
      The first couple might not be as nice as the last few you do, but as long as you use the same brand and consistency of cement, the same pour size (hell, reuse the same mold again and again; just coat it with a release agent before pouring), you should get something that you can be quite proud of. Someone I knew did something similar, doing 2 foot broad, drive-way wide 45 degree-angled stripes all the way down the way, and it looks quite good... because he went for verticle stripes (instead of ones that were perfectly square), his vehicles never all had the wheels drop off the cement at the same time, and it made good channels for rain water to move across.

Do some research -- there's a lot of concrete DIY info out there from many of the major concrete manufacturers...

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
      X