X

Taking the MSF class

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking the MSF class

Well Aubrey and I are off to take the MSF class. After our week at the Gap she is dying to get a bike.

Wish us luck. I do not think that she needs it as long as she does not psych herself out.

Good luck guys. The course is great for nipping those bad habits you may have picked up in the bud.
    Kyle

Comment

Well guys I hope that you have lots of fun taking the course. Nick you will love it again and will still pick up new things.
      Aubrey you will have the time of your life and I can't wait to go for a ride with you and Nick(seperate bikes) once you have passed....which you will do with ease......Good luck and have lots of fun
      Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Good for her !
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Awesome Nick, can't wait to hear how it went.

Comment

Well we made it through the class. it was Aubrey's first time riding a bike and she did awesome. I am really proud of her. Now all she has to do is go to the DMV and to take the written test and get her license. She says that I have created a monster. I think that I may have to get a second lock for the Kat if I want to make sure that she does not take off with it.

Comment

I thought they would waive the written if you passed the MSF . That's what I've heard about most states , anyway :-k . Around here it's written gets you a permit (unless you pass the MSF , then you already get that) , then later the "skills test" (laughable) gets the little "M" .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

In VA you need to take the written to get a learners permit. You have to hold the permit for 30 days before you can take the riding portion of the test. Taking the MSF class waives the riding portion of the test and the requirement to have your permit for 30 days, but you still need to take the written.

Comment

In TN if you pass the MSF class, you walk into the DMV with your certificate and get the "M" on your license.
                  Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

Good job on the MSF course...I really enjoyed taking it a few years ago, it really helped me a lot...
                    In California the MSF course lets you skip the DMV driving test (The MSF people give you the riding test and can/will fail you, they failed a girl in our class on the riding test, but they were just being a little too hard @$$ IMHO), you still have to take a written test.
                    I signed up for the MSF course and had to wait two months, so I went to the DMV and took/passed the written...got my permit, which lets you drive any motorcycle during the day, by yourself and not on any freeways. Then after passing the MSF they mailed me a certificate which I received a week later, walked into the local DMV and got my new license with M1 stamped on it...Woo Hoo!
                    Peace out...

Comment

Vermont i was told by our DMV guy that taking the MSF class waives both so you take that what ever it is to the DMV and he gives you the "M"
                      Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

Originally posted by JDS
                        In TN if you pass the MSF class, you walk into the DMV with your certificate and get the "M" on your license.
                        Same in PA !! Its great aint it

Comment

Originally posted by JJ0712
                          Vermont i was told by our DMV guy that taking the MSF class waives both so you take that what ever it is to the DMV and he gives you the "M"
                          good thing too, im not sure what the riding tests are in other states, but trying to keep that kat in a ten foot circle (1 foot width i think) is harder than it sounds....

Comment

Working...
                          X