whats left 70mph wreck (pic heavy)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats left 70mph wreck (pic heavy)

Before wasnt she pretty

All because of a powerfull gust of wind hit me while i was riding down the hiway

I just wana cry kinda

92 Kat 750 rebuild from dead 108 days and counting till i get my license BACK
    01 mercury cougar
    00 cougar black
    sigpic

oh no, are you ok?

Comment

Hope you're ok
      2007 Honda CBR600rr
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
      sigpic

Comment

Dude!!!!! Please tell my you fared a lot better than the bike!!!
        sigpic

Comment

I'm really glad you're ok......obviously the bike didn't fare so well. I have to ask though......Why were you doing 70 in those kinds of conditions? Or did it just come up and take you by surprise?
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
            I'm really glad you're ok......obviously the bike didn't fare so well. I have to ask though......Why were you doing 70 in those kinds of conditions? Or did it just come up and take you by surprise?
            Yeah it just came out of no where i was making my way around a curve on the hiway and BAM stood me staight up on the bike and in the ditch i went. I dont remeber much from the wreck. The lady that was behind me said she seen the wind hit me she said it raised my a** end up and scooted me over about 3 or 4 feet by the time i realized what was happening. I was already in the grass still doing about 70. I tried to stop but I just changed my rear brake pads like 3 hours before and in the grass going that fast it was like trying to stop on ICE. My back tire locked up and i dumped it hard.

The lady that seen me said as soon as i hit i came out of my helmet. But like i said I dont remember much Its slowly comeing back to me

As far as my injuriys i came out on top i look nothing like the bike. It got the worst end of the deal. I have a broke vertibre, a slipped disk, concusion, and roadrash in places you wouldnt believe. Almost 1 week and a half Im almost back to full health. Other than my neck being stiff and painfull and my roadrash peeling off Im fine now.

Now I just have to rebuild. Which finding parts for these things are a pain in the a**.
            01 mercury cougar
            00 cougar black
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post

I've been told that higher speeds give more stability in strong winds. I rode home in rain and heavy winds yesterday when my gig was canceled due to weather, (70 miles...Honda VTX1300C) and averaged 80 and was stable,but the VTX has about 200 lbs on a Kat). Opinions on this, please? But more germaine to the point, dude, I'm glad that you're okay. Get it fixed or get another.
              Last edited by zuma; 06-19-2009, 10:49 PM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Wow....... it could happen to any of us. Try this place...... it might help.
                AirTech has the motorcycle fairings, fenders, tail sections, seats, and gas fuel tanks you are looking for!
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Sorry to hear that but I'm glad you're safe!
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. You had one clean Pre. You'll get it back that way in no time, I'm sure!
                    02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                    90 GSXR 750/1216
                    96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                    87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JimG4652 View Post
                      Sorry to hear about that. You had one clean Pre. You'll get it back that way in no time, I'm sure!

Yes I will. It will take a little time and money but ill have her back to clean in no time. She was my baby and still is so.... I actually look forward to working on her i havent had to do much to her this last year.

Oh and slofuze thanx for the site that definatley helped
                      01 mercury cougar
                      00 cougar black
                      sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear you're OK. Too bad you can't take wind to court for pain & suffering.
                        -
                        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Thankful it wasn't worst!!!! That's a blessing.

I've said it before... I will ride in anything, rain, heat, cold, drizzle, but I WILL NEVER ride in high winds or fog. The same thing happened to me coming back down from the high desert one ride. Outside of Palmdale I got hit by a gust of wind emerging from between two hills. I was two lanes over before I even knew it. Scared the crap outta me. Pulled it over for 2 hours and waited it out.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                            I've been told that higher speeds give more stability in strong winds. I rode home in rain and heavy winds yesterday when my gig was canceled due to weather, (70 miles...Honda VTX1300C) and averaged 80 and was stable,but the VTX has about 200 lbs on a Kat). Opinions on this, please?
                            Yes Zuma, the faster your going the better the bike is in the wind. The gyroscopic forces of the bike are stronger. If you slow down, you feel the effects of the wind much worse
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
                              Yes Zuma, the faster your going the better the bike is in the wind. The gyroscopic forces of the bike are stronger. If you slow down, you feel the effects of the wind much worse

Thanks, Zepp. Marc had said that months ago...I took it to heart (like most things he says) and have used it on several occasions.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                              X