X

whats left 70mph wreck (pic heavy)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back!
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

sorry about your bike man.... hope you recover quickly

2 questions tho.

1. is the frame bent? If so its totaled go get a new frame if you dont have full insurance coverage.

2. A wind gust?!? Were you not holding on to your handlebars? Ive been hit with some big winds and cant imagine literally being pulled off the road. Lean and duck man lean and duck!!!

Comment

The frame is straight. Everything else was broke or bent all to hell. I even had to replace the forks. I bought a parts bike and swapped everything that I could. Ive almost got it back complete it rides straight and true now. The only thing i can think of that need to be done to be complete is the front wheel is a little warped but not bad. It just wobbles a little bit when i let go of the handle bars.

About the wind it happened is all i can say. It wasnt even a windy day it was just a freek gust of wind.
        92 Kat 750 rebuild from dead 108 days and counting till i get my license BACK
        01 mercury cougar
        00 cougar black
        sigpic

Comment

Wow, just saw this thread.

Glad you are ok, but this thread freaks me out! I also read the post from the guy in maple ridge. He is right, in chilliwack the wind is crazy, I was nearly blown off the road in my toyota pick up down there.

I also deal with a lot of strong wind in the Merritt area and I found that my post kat has been one of the best bikes in the wind. My wife and I were on a roadstar 1600 and got blown a lane over once, scared the hell out of us, where on the kat I go 80 mph in full tuck and find my stability greatly improves.

One contributing factor I have heard is that- the more surface area your wheels have, the more prone to wind you are. Those harleys with the solid disc wheels are apparently crazy in the wind.

I don't know what to say, I think I will try to play it safer now after your story. I hope you are able to deal with wind again without a panic attack. Thanks for sharing your experience for all of us to learn from.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
            Glad to hear you're OK. Too bad you can't take wind to court for pain & suffering.
            good to know!

Comment

the bike is replaceable as long as you can walk away from it is the important part.
              this is the best icon eva

Comment

Yikes! Hate wind! It's OK, that's a fun rebuild project for the winter. Rest up!

Comment

I almost has a gust of wind blow me off a bridge. Thank you for good brakes.

Comment

Parts is parts... glad you're okay...

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                      Yikes! Hate wind! It's OK, that's a fun rebuild project for the winter. Rest up!

You got that right.. It was fun rebuilding It was easyier than I thought just nuts and bolts lol... All I have left is getting it painted and a wind screen. Everything else is done exept I need a well nut for the upper fairing stay..
                      92 Kat 750 rebuild from dead 108 days and counting till i get my license BACK
                      01 mercury cougar
                      00 cougar black
                      sigpic

Comment

wow!

same thing happend to me the other day...REALLY STRONG gust hit from the east pushing me into a open lane, but barely..[thank god] semi less then a length behind me. Scary situation . glad your ok! condolences to your pre
                        R.I.P
                        "Always Loved Never Forgotten"

[02 cbr 600rr]
                        [03 Katana600]

Comment

Wishing you a speedy recovery
                          Tejasandre

Comment

This thread is over a year old...
                            -Steve

sigpic
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                            X