X

Msf course

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Msf course

I know its been posted many times, but take the msf course. I finially finished today since the rain held out. I have been riding for about 5 months with others but wanted to get my license so I could go by myself. I refused to get my license until I took the course and I am very glad I did. TAKE THE CLASS it is worth every penny.

I started taking it last week but since the daily forecast for Colorado is rainy we had to postpone the test until today. When I showed up it was just in time to see someone wipe out doing their first day lessons. I think it put a huge reality factor into the people taking the test today. We had a great class and everyone passed. Yes parts are frustrating because you just want to go ride, but worth the patience to finish each task. They teach you how to get out of situations and save your life, as well as basic balance and correct posture.

If you live in Northern Colorado check out the Abate of Colorado site. They are patient and GREAT teachers. 5 people in my class had only been on a bicycle and not one dropped the bike or failed. So if your a beginner its a great way to learn. Bring gloves, boots ( shoes that go above the ankle, sunglasses, long sleeve shirt and a helmet if you have one. They show you a demo of each lesson followed by a simulated practice ( correct way to lean ) with the bike turned off, then they turn you loose, but coaching with every turn.
    1992 katana 600 sold to Luke
    1993 katana 600 sold
    Bandit 1250 2007

Agreed. Everyone should take the MSF class
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

In PA it's free. It was the quickest way to get my license.

Comment

I took the MSF course after nearly a year of riding. It is WELL worth the time and money (if any cost at all).

I learned I had some bad habits. I highly recommend the MSF for ALL riders.
        It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
          In PA it's free. It was the quickest way to get my license.
          It was $300+ up here, but worth the money.
          Kyle

Comment

beginner class here is 225 but if you register online you get $30 rebate
            1992 katana 600 sold to Luke
            1993 katana 600 sold
            Bandit 1250 2007

Comment

$25 in Ohio, but you better be online to register EARLY in the year or your not gettin in. They do offer a lottery for those willing to take there chance n just show up in the hopes that someone backs out or misses. I took the class with my wife the end of this April. I've ridden on and off for most of my life, and I had a good time. It made for a cheap date if nothing else, lol. It really helped my wife a lot and I practiced up on things that I don't normally worry about so it was still a great thing. Very entertaining class if you already know how to ride. Definitely a must take!!

Edit: Everyone in the class passed (ages 17 to 68). All got a waiver to take to the DMV for a motorcycle endorsement, Since I was already licensed, I got a smile and told that maybe my liability insurance would go from $8 a month to $7.50 or so. lmao.
              Last edited by mather_builders; 06-14-2009, 11:58 AM.
              sigpic
              1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

+1 ABATE Real professional.
                sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
                '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
                '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

I took the course also. I have been riding since I was 6 years old but my Insurance company wouldn't cut me a break without having the course under my belt. It was well worth the $250 as my insurance would have been $1100+ without it.

Comment

I teach the MSF class. Never had a rider leave without having learned or relearned soemthing they had forgotten. I teach the basic and the experienced class.
                    Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Comment

It is a very quick way to get your license. The wait list for a motorcycle road test right now is insane. Then again.. so is the wait for the MSF course...

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                        Then again.. so is the wait for the MSF course...
                        It took me 3 months to get into an MSF course. I'm glad I took it

Comment

Too costly for my budget now hope to take it at somepoint.
                          sigpic

Comment

I took the MSF course last year,
                            took me three years to finally get an opening to MSF (weekend course),
                            (I am a sea CAPT and only have a small window to wait for classes to open)
                            I paid 300$ for the basic riders course,
                            worth every penny too me as well,
                            I believe I am a lot safer on the highway now,
                            before I took the course I was somewhat reckless!

When I passed the class on a Sunday,
                            I got a big M-sticker on back of my drivers license and could ride legally that day!
                            and the best part of MSF is there is NO DMV TESTING AT ALL!!

Last edited by Tony The Tiger; 07-03-2009, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X