X

Sliders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliders

Should I put sliders on myself or let the shop do it? Is it a pretty simple operation?
    Katana 750 2002

I don't think shops will do it for you as you prolly gona have to drill the frame unless you fabricate some type of bracket.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Does drilling the frame to install sliders compromise its integrity? I was thinking of doing this as a winter mod.
      I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Its been a ongoing argument that it may or may not. I am thinking of doing it, and then welding a nut on the back, so it will screw into that. If you get into a crash, you have the chance of bending your frame. I would suggest using a bolt that will bend or break easily in a higher speed crash. Fact is though, frames can get bent with or without sliders.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

my intention isn't to get the sliders to prevent frame damage in a high speed crash. i honestly only want them in case of a slow lowside or idiot drop to keep from trashing my plastics.
          I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Special$K$ has said a few times if you drill the frame to mount the sliders you will increase the chances of a write off due to twisting the frame in an accident.

There was a company down there trying to develope sliders for a Kat, but we haven't had an update in a while.
            Kyle

Comment

I'm just going to drill the frame on mine. If I ever have a bad crash, then I'll get a nw bike, or rebuild. If the engine is still good, then maybe I will go down to a 600 frame for even cheaper insurance.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

sliders

Installed my own sliders cause I was said idiot who dropped his '05 Kat in his oh so steep driveway. Simple mod when done right. Could not find Kat sliders for '05 600. bought and installed the long set myself Kawi 1100. Keep in mind that a slider braking away rather than causing the frame to bend when choosing your frame mounting. I chose to weld a nut onto the exterior of the tubing over treading the frame and then welding a nut just for the break away factor. And yes you will need paint.

Comment

you should just put a stunt cage on there...... that would also allow you to stop wearing a helmet, a shirt, and long pants. Sunglasses and sandals are best.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
                    you should just put a stunt cage on there...... that would also allow you to stop wearing a helmet, a shirt, and long pants. Sunglasses and sandals are best.
                    But what kind of sandals... flip flops or those type that go around your ankle as well???
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Flip flops for speed, as they are lighter and provide less drag... Strappy sandals for added protection and to make your ankles look sexy.
                      2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Is it weird looking if I wear socks with them, either ankle or knee high?
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

fishnet hose... most definately!
                          2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Originally posted by Katastrophe
                            fishnet hose... most definately!
                            Ok, don't laugh, but I have worn those before for my holloween costume, and they were really comfy! And I even have really hairy legs!!!
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, tell me you have pics. I gotta see this! Then I'll point and laugh.
                              2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Working...
                              X