X

Ouch!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch!!!

So I came into work tonight and another officer says that I have to look at these pics, since I ride a motorcycle. He has some copies of X-rays that are from his wife's son's left leg. He was on a motorcycle (no idea what kind - don't think it matters) and was going through an intersection (he had the green) and a car ran the red light and slammed into his left side. The pics show his leg broken in NUMEROUS places, including little bits of bone broken off from the rest, and enough metal and screws in it that I'm guessing the doctor must have stolen his kid's Erector set and put it in this guy's leg. It was very sobering to see. I just figured I'd mention it - don't guess it hurts if we are reminded from time to time that we always need to be mindful of cages. One driver's "oops!" can cause a lifetime of "Ouch!" for a rider. Ride safe everybody!
    "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

YIIIKES! I bet life is suckin for him ATM!
    Joker
    The newest addition to the Family!
    sigpic
    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
      YIIIKES! I bet life is suckin for him ATM!
      Yeah, I just called the officer to ask him about the guy, and he said the docs are saying he "should" regain total use of his leg IN A COUPLE OF YEARS!!! He was in the hospital for two weeks, and will still have to have several surgeries. He also has to strap his leg into some type of device that flexes his knee, and he is supposed to use it 8 hours a day. All that because some idiot ran a red light. I'd be going nuts if I couldn't be out riding
      "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Time to place that call to DOOWE CHEATUM & HOW!!!! I see a pay day comming!
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Yikes. Yeah, this story is an example that even if you have the right of way you still have to be on guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipster View Post
            One driver's "oops!" can cause a lifetime of "Ouch!" for a rider. Ride safe everybody!
            AMEN to that!
            2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
            BMC Notorious 918 HT
            2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
              Yikes. Yeah, this story is an example that even if you have the right of way you still have to be on guard.
              +1(with a lot of zeros after it)
              Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

man that sucks, wonder what the guy that ran the red light think when he learnt he pretty much crippled an officers kid?
                sigpic

Comment

No freakin' joke!

That is harsh! Prayers going out to the kid for strength to get through what will undoubtedly a long and painful rehab.

I had surgery for a leg injury back in '85. My roommate was in for a bike accident that happened three months earlier. He was riding a friends bike up and down his street and was t-boned in a RESIDENTIAL INTERSECTION! He was doing no more than 25 mph. Car hit him at 35. Broke his ankle in a couple of places.

The doctors did surgery and set with pins, THEN PLASTER CAST IT! After a couple days they noticed they couldn't bring his temp down. Put him on some more meds for another week, still no change. Another doctor came in on a consult, took one look at the readings then frantically had the nurses cut the cast off. The original doc had cast without double checking the foot and missed a half inch open cut on the underside of the heel. Turned gangrene and ate off half of his foot to the bone in the cast. One nurse passed out when she saw it and another puked her guts out from the stench.

Yeah, he got PAID! Still walks with a limp but owns his own record production company now. Never asked Carlos if it was worth it in the end, but I really think he'd rather have his foot back doing his old job at UPS.
                  sigpic

Comment

It's always that darn left turn that stupid people make trying to either beat another car or a light.

Comment

+1 awareness
                      1999 Katana 750

Comment

Only problem with that is that the moron who hit him won't have to pay. Their insurance company will which means that you and I will through higher rates!
                        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Intersections make me nervous...especially at rush hour.

I hope he does get full use of his leg in the near future.

Comment

i'm always paranoid at intersections . even when i have the lite i try to have a cover like a bus or truck next to me if it's a two laner . if not my head is always scanning for idiots .

Comment

is it really worth hurting or killing any one just to save a couple extra seconds, i mean come on, this should make people wake up and realize we shouldn't be in a rush all the time live day by day and life won't pass you by, live to learn to love.

Comment

Working...
                              X