X

Knowing when to leave the bike at home

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knowing when to leave the bike at home

So I work security at a club and to be honest most guys that check the lid at the door are smart enough to stay away from the booze however the other night a customer pulled up on a really nice V-max not my cup o tea but nice.

I guess I give them a look when they check there stuff cause he looks at me and says don't worry I aint drinking now I'm worried lol and sure enough 4 hours later he's still chillin ask Sabrina how many he's had she laughs at least 8 plus a couple shooters. He stayed an hour after that and never stopped drinking.

Oh look who stumbled up to the desk trying to sucker a different staff into giving him his lid back, lol what a moron I already put his lid on the shelf in the back office for safe keeping not to mention this is something we take very serious most of the staff rides and wouldn't have givin him back his helmet anyway. Needless to say he got quite angry when we told him he wouldn't be leaving our lot on his bike he would have left in a cab even if he was on 4 wheels he was ready to go to say the least after explaining I would personally be there to watch his bike till 3am and would be back by 11am at the latest and a manager is always there I got him in a cab. He told me he'd be back at 11 to meet me and get his bike lol ok 3pm he finally shows up for his bike he ask if he did anything stupid, besides trying to ride outta here and swinging at security no nothing we proceeded to have a lengthy conversation about the situation I recommended that a cab would be a good way to start the night he agreed but I can't help but think he'll do it again as he really didn't learn a lesson his bike stayed up he made it home safe so what did he learn .

I'd rather not drink then leave my baby alone in a strange lot over night fawk that who knows maybe worrying if his bike was still up all the way there was enough to teach him a lesson hopefully.

So just a reminder if you're going to drink leave the keys at home period be an adult that means the cage to I just visited 2 friends stones for my reminder they we're 2 of 11 kids that died on mothers day on forks of the credit road in a fatal drunk driving accident back in the day two cars both full of kids went head on they were the first 2 friends I lost to drunk driving and sadly not the last.

So true man, I actually just lost a friend last friday to drunk driving man, all I can do is shake my head and constantly go over how preventable it was. I never bring my bike to the bars (I'm very paranoid of someone ripping it off) and also I'm always the one who ends up driving cause I'm always the one who has stuff to do the next day and has to get up early.
    1999 Katana 750

Comment

The guy may not have learned his lesson but at least he woke up in his bed and not a hospital bed. Good job controlling the situation. Hopefully you don't see any repeats.
      2001 Kat 600

sigpic

Comment

Good on you!
        THE DOC
        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
        mistake when you make it again.
        sigpic

Comment

you made the right call. you can't control what he does in the future so don't lose any more time wondering about whether or not a lesson was learned. unfortunately he may very well take out someone else in the process.
          R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Way to stick to your guns. The rider and I am sure your bar's owner(s) appreciate it.

Need more cool heads like yours in the biz.

Comment

You probably just saved a life. Way to go. I can't imagine a drunk on a V-Max. I play guitar in a restaurant seventy miles from home 6 nights per week and have free access to all the wine I want...they actually have a wine cellar. And if I've come on my bike (95% of the time), I don't even think about it. (took me a minute to translate "lid"--I was thinking, "Wait, Canada is liberal...but not that liberal...is it? Ha!)

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Right on bro, we need more clubs with that kind of mentality - cheers.
                If I take the bike I won't touch the stuff myself.
                Sadly but not tragically I learned my lesson when I was 19 and had to trade my car for a bicycle to get a round for a year.
                2000 Katana 600
                2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

smart thinking....
                  This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                  BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Good job bro... hopefully the guy took something away from this experience and won't repeat these actions again.
                    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Great Job man! As others have said, we need more people like you watching out for idiots like that guy.

You probably saved his life (again as others have mentioned).

I will not get on my bike even after 1 beer.
                      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I don't even ride my bike on weekend nights.

Comment

On top of me running into something/someone, drunk people at bars can't be trusted to keep their hands off my toys. Consequently I don't ride to drinking establishments anymore.
                          I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
                          --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

good look out for a fellow rider!
                            sigpic
                            2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

Great job in standing the line. However..... I Like to take my bike out ride with the boys and stop off for lunch and have a beer or two. I know that if I am gonna have a Corona or two ....THATS IT! Puttin down round after round Shot after shot just shows the lack of self control some people have. These are the people that end up on the local front page. I know what your saying about this guy and Yes you made the right call in grounding him. KUDOS you did him a favor. He shoulda said thank you for the effort. But I cant sit here and call myself a saint that has never had a beer and rode my bike B-4.
                              Joker
                              The newest addition to the Family!
                              sigpic
                              stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Working...
                              X