X

just finished MSF Course

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just finished MSF Course

As the title says, i just finshed up my last day of the PAMSP/MSF course today and i passed! (yay me!) anyways, my thoughts on the course after completeing it? I think the course is an awesome experience, and i think it can benefit anyone...... no matter how long you have been riding. There is definately alot of good information at those kinds of courses. As for beginner riders, i think that once you get your learners permit, i think it should be manditory that you take the course in order to obtain a licence, maybe we might have alot less people getting into serious accident on motorcycles. I am definately going to recommend it to anyone looking to start riding... young or old. what are everyone elses thoughts?

Congrats!!! Everyone should take the MSF course
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

Congratulations!! I totally agree with what you are saying. I was green as heck when I took the course. I had never been on a motorcycle before besides being a passenger. When my hubby took me to the highschool parking lot, he was surprised at how well I handled and especially in slow turns. The course totally paid off!!
      This is only the beginning.

Comment

I have taken the MSF Basic Course and the Experienced Rider Course. Learned a ton at both. I am going to take the USAF Sport bike class next month.

Congrats
        Last edited by Pacerman; 05-25-2009, 09:06 AM.
        ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

MSF here is manditory ... you can't have your bike license without it. The course is a 4 hours theory .. then 24 hours of close circuit courses and finally a 4 hours supervised ride.

But no matter how good and thorough the courses are ... the minute you get your license nothing is stopping you to ride like a stupid ahole.
          Guylaine
          Try and keep up now

Comment

Originally posted by Sky View Post
            But no matter how good and thorough the courses are ... the minute you get your license nothing is stopping you to ride like a stupid ahole.
            AMEN to that!!
            This is only the beginning.

Comment

I actually work at the MSF course here in Vermont. I have seen countless students take the course and I can't remember anyone walking away without learning something. It is an excellent course and it really helps riders of all experience levels.
              2001 Kat 600

sigpic

Comment

it's nice to see all of you agree, the course that i took was the BRC, i had maybe 3 months at the most of total seat time before going into it, but i wanted to hone my skills at low speed techniques as well and the course def. helped me on that. it was 15 hours total, 4 days.... two days class time, and 2 days seat time. The last day was the worst because it was soo freak'n hot, i was sweating everywhere.

Comment

I had already been riding almost a year, with 5K miles under me, so I skipped the BRC and just took the ERC.

I skipped the BRC since I already knew where the clutch and brakes were, knew how to push my bike, knew slow speed maneuvering, turning, stopping, braking, etc etc...

I learned some useful stuff on faster maneuvers, avoidance turns and controlled braking, etc.

take the BRC, you get to use YOUR bike

yer also lucky it wasn't 100+ degrees on the tarmac today, like it was when I took the ERC a few weeks ago.

95 in the shade, well over 100 on the open lot.

See My Garage for mods...
                  T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                  Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

I agree 100% that everyone should need to take a MSF beginner course before they get their license, I love the one I took
                    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone." - Bill Cosby

ProGrip||Scorpion

Comment

Originally posted by rockmetalcore View Post
                      I actually work at the MSF course here in Vermont. I have seen countless students take the course and I can't remember anyone walking away without learning something. It is an excellent course and it really helps riders of all experience levels.
                      Great, I have a question about taking the MSF course in Vermont. I got back into riding last summer and got my permit, which I then renewed this spring. I'm a bit confused about which course I should take that will include getting my license (waived?) or a license test.

Do any of the Basic courses include the state license test or do I need to take an Intermediate or Experienced one? Some courses are listed as "License" and some as "License Waiver", what the difference?

I rode for a couple years back in high school (80's), and finally got back into it last year. I put about 3k miles in since then. Probably would get the most out of an Intermediate course, is it OK to skip the Basic one?
                      1995 Suzuki Katana GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by 802er View Post
                        Great, I have a question about taking the MSF course in Vermont. I got back into riding last summer and got my permit, which I then renewed this spring. I'm a bit confused about which course I should take that will include getting my license (waived?) or a license test.
                        Cool, nice to see fellow Vermonters. You can get your license from either the Beginner, Intermediate or Experienced-License Waiver courses. Since you have a fair amount of riding experience I wouldn't suggest the Beginner course. The Intermediate and Experienced courses are good cause they are only one day that is mostly riding and are aimed at riders that have ridden before. It is also easier to get in the intermediate and experienced courses then the beginner.

There are a few differences between the intermediate and experienced. The experienced course offers some classroom work that the intermediate doesn't and you can bring your own bike to ride.

So that's pretty much sums them up, hope you can get in one soon. I don't where you will take it but I work over at the Colchester site so if you get signed up there I'll probably see you.
                        2001 Kat 600

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info! Man, most places are booked up into July already. Do booked classes usually fill up? I'm wondering if it's worth trying to go on stand-by in case somebody doesn't show up.
                          1995 Suzuki Katana GSX750F

Comment

I am a MSF ridercoach, I get alot of great feedback from students, Never had a student that didint learn something. Congrats.
                            Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Comment

Originally posted by 802er View Post
                              Thanks for the info! Man, most places are booked up into July already. Do booked classes usually fill up? I'm wondering if it's worth trying to go on stand-by in case somebody doesn't show up.
                              It is defiantly worth a shot. If you are already signed up and you are free on one of the weekends then go to the site nearest to you and see if they have room for a standby. Worst case scenario they are full and can't fit you in.
                              2001 Kat 600

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X