X

Katanaholic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katanaholic

Hi, my name is Chris and I am a katanaholic. I am just getting into motorcycling and have purchased a used Katana as my first bike. I was bitten by the 'bug' several months ago when I noticed the katana for the first time. Like so many folks here, I don't care what others say, I think the bike looks cool. I can't imagine riding around all day on a padded board like the gixers...plus at this point, speed is NOT on my mind. The bike is going to be delivered by its previous owner Friday night. I haven't been able to sleep since I bought it. I'm 35 years old and acting like a kid the night before Christmas. Do I need help? I am holding all of you responsible for keeping my Katana addiction under control here. This board has only served to increase my interest in motorcycling. I'm looking forward to meeting some new people to go along with my new hobby. That's my story...just wanted to say "hey".

No,you don't need any help,the feeling is normal,regardless of what you ride.Welcome to the board,you will get all the help and advise you need ,and some great ideas.Post some pic's when your bike arrives,congratulations.
    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Welcome.

Help not needed.....only cause there's not enough to go around and get to all of us

I'm on my second kat now( 96 then 01 ) because of this site (..... and Beekman )

Buc
      it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

If I am sucessful, there should be a photo of the new bike attached. I went over it pretty good today in the daylight. It was well after dark when its previous owner delivered it last night. The guy really did take good care of it. There isn't much of a mark on it. Starts, run and shifts smooth. It's got a little over 7000 miles on it. I may put 7000 more on it in the parking lot. Other than the Yoshi pipe, it's stock off the shelf. After my bank account recovers from the initial shock, the mods will begin. I know, I know, the lime green needs to go first.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice Bike!
          93' 750, I just washed the bugs off, let's go for a ride!

Comment

Hey and welcome to the Forum!

I'm a 98+ owner myself and has been hanging around the forum for a while, altough I don't have that many posts... I like to listen/read before I speak...

But what did you have to pay for this well kept baby?
            And what year is that? -01?
            Armour up or die! Sweat washes off, roadrash don't!

Comment

It is a 2002. I paid an even $3000 for it. I figured that was about average or a little below average. I looked at one a few weeks ago that was either or same year or a 2001 and same mileage. That bike had been beat-up pretty good and they were asking $3600 for it plus tax, tags, title, tips, fees, interest.....you get my drift. This one has a couple of fairly new tires on it and my impression of the previous owners (father and son) is that all their bikes, trucks and house are kept in 'apple-pie' order.

Comment

nice bike. I'd say you got a great deal also. ride on

Comment

Sounds like a good deal to me! I thought only Kawasakis came with that lime green color?
                  Katana 750 2002

Comment

Evidently there was an infiltration of Kawasaki people at the Suzuki plant during 2001 and 2002. Those were the years that somebody got happy with the lime green. I'm debating whether or not to just leave it alone. It's in such good condition, I almost hate to mess with it.

Comment

I vote strip it.. I'm so happy I got the blue '03... Before they looked like that, and now they are hideuos with the white rear and accents...
                      --
                      Sagan

Comment

I agree about the current production with the white rear ends. The '03's looked really sharp with the blue and black. If I do remove the lime green, something will go in its place. It needs a little black or grey or silver.

Comment

Nice look'n bike. I got the first mod for ya, and best of all.... Its Free!!!

Chop the Shovel, and tidy up that rear end of yours!
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

That was one great deal!
                            I paid about 5 323,87 USD with todays exchange rate for my 1998 with about 9 941 miles on the dial... I feel kind of ripped off... Altough I still find it a good deal here in Sweden. I guess the market is a bit different...

Ride on!
                            Armour up or die! Sweat washes off, roadrash don't!

Comment

What will surprise you even more is that this was an ebay deal. I had not intended to buy a bike until late fall when everyone is trying to unload before winter. I stuck a $3000 bid in just a few hours after the auction was listed. The bike was close to my home and that was a huge selling point. I had some email correspondence with the owner and was happy with what I heard and felt really good about the deal. Still, I wasnt' going to raise the bid much. I am getting ready to move and I really needed to concentrate on that. All week long, I was the only bidder and when the auction ended, I had myself a bike. I am living proof that you can jump for joy and think "oh s*@t, what have I done" at the same time. I paid the guy a little extra and he and his son loaded it in their truck and drove it right to my door. Right now the bike is in a self storage facility as I have no where inside to keep it. I have it well secured. Not only is it in its own room under lock and key, but I have it anchored to the floor. If anyone wants it, they're going to have to work their rear off to get it. Access to the area is well controlled so I think I'm ok. I just got insurance on it this morning, so I've been sweating it that last few nights when I had no insurance. I had not been on a bike since I was in second grade, and that was only once, so I consider myself to have NO experience. I have been studying and reading and I have taken several laps around the self-storage area. I am stopping and starting with ease. Shifting is acceptable, but I'd like to be a little smoother. I can do some figure 8's and u-turn within about a 20 foot space. What is probably happening is that I am picking up a bunch of bad habits that the MSF instructor will be on my case about. That's ok though, I am real excited to learn. Anyway, that's my story. It sure has been a rush.

Comment

Working...
                              X