Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Chicken Strips...It's Whats for Dinner???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Strips...It's Whats for Dinner???

So I'm a newbie and haven't figured out what the term "chicken strips" refers to? I know they have something to do with the tires, but beyond that I'm lost. Can someone please explain?
    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

It refers to the unworn strip of rubber around the edge of the tire from being too "chicken" to lean the bike over far enough to get it worn.
    I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

you will see that alot too!
      Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

perfect example of a chicken strip. See how the outside inches on this tire look like they have never touched the street. This is a coworker of mine

Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

What size rear tire is acceptable? 160 or 170? I got two different opinions from two different shops.

Comment

I think the 98+ can use 160's pretty well. 150's are stock I believe.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

smaller chicken strip

Comment

btw, that's a 98+ kat with 120/70 in the front and 160/60 in the front. I'm not sure about mixing the 70 front with the 60 back but I did notice the chicken strip being much larger on the front tire than on the back tire.

Comment

no chicken strip i ate them all

Comment

Originally posted by Scott
                    What size rear tire is acceptable? 160 or 170? I got two different opinions from two different shops.
                    Acceptable? Depends on the year of the bike. 98+ bikes can take the 160. Don't go farther than that, it's useless.....unless you like crusing around in a straight line looking for people who *might* think you're cool.

In a pre98 bike, you can't even go with the 160, unless you change wheels. See above.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

I prefer to call them cruiser strips...If you just like cruising then so be it! To each his own!
                      Katana 750 2002

Comment

Originally posted by MIBagentQ
                        btw, that's a 98+ kat with 120/70 in the front and 160/60 in the front. I'm not sure about mixing the 70 front with the 60 back but I did notice the chicken strip being much larger on the front tire than on the back tire.
                        My tiller's sporting 190/50's on the back & 120/70's on the front

Comment

The guy who had the bike before me had put 170's on the back. I am going to a 160 here when I get my new tires.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Best way to get rid of chicken strips so you don't look like a nob is to use a little sand-paper on the outside edges of your tires.

Comment

thats cheatin'
                              Katana 750 2002

Comment

Working...
                              X