Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Chicken Strips...It's Whats for Dinner???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best way to get rid of chicken strips is to go come to next years rally at Fontana Village and run the dragon !!!
    Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
    Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by BISQ
      Originally posted by Scott
      What size rear tire is acceptable? 160 or 170? I got two different opinions from two different shops.
      Acceptable? Depends on the year of the bike. 98+ bikes can take the 160. Don't go farther than that, it's useless.....unless you like crusing around in a straight line looking for people who *might* think you're cool.

In a pre98 bike, you can't even go with the 160, unless you change wheels. See above.
      I actually have a 180 on the back and I can ride the twisties...granted, I can't get the lean of a narrower tire. The 180 came with the bike when I bought it and was brand new so I will keep it on there until it NEEDS replacing, but will probably go a size or two smaller next time. I kind of like the look of the wide rear though.
      1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

Crazyaussie's tire is F---A---T..
        But not much chicken strip on it!
        So you must be getting it over..
        If you go to a narrower tire remember about the
        "tip over" effect.. It might feel wierd but I think you will find you feel better feedback on the narrower tire.

Comment

Originally posted by ciso
          Best way to get rid of chicken strips so you don't look like a nob is to use a little sand-paper on the outside edges of your tires.
          Do that and you'll actually be a nob...instead of just looking like one.
          I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Comment

Works , don't it ?
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

right now I have a 120-70 on the front and a 160-70 in back what I dont get is I have no chicken strip on the front and about 1" in back, if I lean over any moor the front tire is going to washout on we.

Comment

No front chicken strip is common..
                  Why do you think the front is going to wash out?
                  Because no chicken strip?

Comment

well i am very close to roling over a little mour lean it rolls over and boom low side

Comment

Originally posted by chriskat1100
                      well i am very close to roling over a little mour lean it rolls over and boom low side
                      Dude.... What?!?!?!

Comment

what hapens when you lean to far you roll over the edage of the tire

Comment

Don't know..

All I know is that I have never had a chicken strip on
                          my fron tire and always had one on the rear..
                          (well so far anyway!)
                          I think it has to do with the counter steer..

Comment

Really ? The one on my front tire is bigger than my rear .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Having no strip doesn't necessarily mean you're at the tires limits of adhesion and are rolling over the edge.

FWIW, I haven't been even close to the limits of this tire:

I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Yummy!!

Tire boogers!

Comment

Working...
                                X