X

Ever seen a truck slalom?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever seen a truck slalom?

Wish i had a vid of it. But in this thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91807&page=3

A few people mentioned slaloming (weaving in a controlled manner in one lane) to get people to back off. I was always under the presumption that this was a no-no, but i've caught myself doing it once or twice in the heat of either frustration or boredom.

A few weeks ago, i did it for a moment on the highway when a car crawled up my ***, and thought nothing of it. a few seconds after i ceased, a truck in the right lane all of a sudden lurched to the right as if he were about to fishtail and roll into traffic.

then he lurched left.
    then right.
    I guess this guy saw me do it and figured i was showboating, so he did it in his ford F350 with the same reckless regard that i would expect from a car thief with a deathwish. I'd never seen anything as terrifying as a massive truck weaving, and picking its tires up off the ground at 90km/h while some cracked-out looking tradesman cackled his *** off while staring at me instead of the road.

I havent done it since.

Anyone else seen anything along that line?
    charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

I know you can get pulled over for it and you can spook somebody else with it, so I wouldn't advise it. I just ignore them or move to the right when I can.
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

will admit I do it in bumper 2 bumper traffic on bike
      not sure why but know it triggers me to do it , maybe cause I try not to stop as much
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Not stopping's a bad habit. i got a ticket a few days ago for not completely stopping at a sign.

I did fully stop, pause and look both ways, but my feet never came off the pegs and i was nailed on a technicality.

i feel really served and protected. well, served anyway.
        charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

had that same thing happen to me. It really annoyed me I watched 3 cars roll through the stop sign. A slow roll at that. Fully aware of the cop sitting watching I slowed down but didnt technically 'stop' because my feet never touched the ground. I got pulled over and given a ticket. Funny though the cars hadn't stopped. I wanted to tell the cop thank you for protecting me, but you cant win with them.
          My first bike: 2001 Suzuki GSX-F

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
            will admit I do it in bumper 2 bumper traffic on bike
            not sure why but know it triggers me to do it , maybe cause I try not to stop as much

try not to stop in bumper 2 bumper traffic, not stop signs
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

My dad got a ticket for weaving like that in his lane. He was doing it out of boredom.

Comment

I'm going to have to watch myself. I do that quite often when in slow traffic, or when trying to give a tailgater incentive to back off.
                Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

I've done it once as per the link you posted and it worked fine for me. Albeit, I was in a merge (no additional lanes to affect vehicles on either side of me). I think if I were on a multi-lane section of road, I'd have more options and would likely have switched lanes, pulled back or left him behind...safety permitting.
                  2004 GSX750F

Comment

i do it to keep the flats to a minimum on my tiers
                    voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
                    82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
                    83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

Originally posted by dragoncutlery View Post
                      i do it to keep the flats to a minimum on my tiers
                      Really? How's that working out for you?
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I was going 2 a friends house in my truck, my buddy was following (in his car) "to closely" wieveing back and fourth 3ft off my bumper. I was watching him in my rear view mirror, saw a cop turn a corner as we passed tried to wave franticly to get friend 2 look behind him . The cop followed, pulled buddy over and gave him a ticket. We were only 1 block from parking & only going around 10-15 mph.

Comment

I do it sometimes before the green flag to warm up the tires! (insert nascar joke here)
                          "The country i am hearing now a days is a bunch of F***ing S*** to me" Hank Williams lll

Comment

Working...
                          X