X

BRC 1 day down and what to expect for testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRC 1 day down and what to expect for testing

I spent all day at the BRC today, and let me tell you, I am tired!! (Tinkerbell was right) Anyway, we started with 11 (all ladies and 1 guy) at 8 am. The instructors Diane and Stan kept things up beat and were really great.

By 11:30 we broke for lunch and met at the range at 12:30. No rain (Praise God) but we may have some tomorrow. After the second exercise, 1 lady dropped out because she rolled the throttle and almost hit the instructor and came over into my path. We were going slow, so I stopped with no problem.

Anyway, we start tomorrow morning at 8 (7:30 if we want practice) and have 7 skills to do before we practice and then test. I kinda know what skills will be on the test, but what will get us the most points taken off?

By the way, I did well but I have to work on going through those cones a little better on the weave portion. They said I did very well with my corners and leaning because I was really rolling the throttle and feeling it.
    This is only the beginning.

Just remember to turn your head as far as you can when you do the figure 8. It's amazing how much that helps.
    Let's go riding!

Comment

when i did mine it wasnt raing jus cold as heck tho, after 5 min i could feel mi hands lol you'll do good!

Comment

Whatever you do do not drop the bike thats an automatic failure. You can even put a foot down and pass while doing the figure 8. I also agree turn your head as much as possible on the figure 8 and remember to accelerate out of the last portion of the figure 8 so you get up enough speed to do your weave.

Comment

Originally posted by mikej View Post
          Whatever you do do not drop the bike thats an automatic failure.
          We all were fortunate to not drop the bike today. I will definitely do what I can to not drop it tomorrow as well. Thanks!
          This is only the beginning.

Comment

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine.
            Let's go riding!

Comment

Working...
            X