X

first time riding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time riding

hello fellow Kats., I finally brought my bike home today. Will post pic's soon. After getting a little familiar with her i took her for a ride up & down my dead end street. At this time I'm checking out the gear shift and also getting a feel for the throttle and brakes. After joinning this site, and doing some research, I was serprise at how easy it was for me to start riding this kat(1996 600cc). All i need to work on now is my turnning and riding skills. I think i'm addicted. I'd like too thank yall for this site great help.
    Last edited by Bigza; 04-09-2009, 04:12 AM. Reason: misspelling

congrats just be safe...
    Work hard Play Hard

Comment

Bigza, where in Ohio are you?

Comment

welcome, take my advice, take it slow on the learning. i learned that the hard way!
        R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

be safe, welcome...
          [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Congrats!! Just don't do anything that I'd do.... Or did.
            94 600 With a GSX-R 1100 engine. Stretched, lowered. Air shifter, Nitrous, Who knows what next...

Comment

You will become addicted. Oh, you will......

Comment

Congrats!!! enjoy yourself and be safe. Please buy some good gear and wear it all the time
                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                sigpic

Comment

remember to keep the rubber side down and have fun

Comment

Good rule of thumb. The moment you think your getting good at riding. DONT ride the bike for a week. The moment you think you can start screwing around is the moment youll crash

-Have fun
                    1992 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by MAZDA View Post
                      Good rule of thumb. The moment you think your getting good at riding. DONT ride the bike for a week. The moment you think you can start screwing around is the moment youll crash

-Have fun
                      Good advice... but me not riding the bike for a week would kill me. I think ill take my chances.
                      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                      Current Bikes:
                      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by t.c.mitchell View Post
                        welcome, take my advice, take it slow on the learning. i learned that the hard way!
                        as did i. got a scar from riding beyond my abilities (on a scooter no less lol)

I am not going to the twisties for quite a while because i need to smooth out and speed up my shifting before i can safely have fun in them. I'll take the easy way out to the ocean and just cruise out there -_-

Comment

1. Take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Beginners Class. At least two benefits. You learn how to ride in a safe, controlled environment and you get a break on your insurance. You will learn things you never thought about. Its fun! I had a great time taking my class.
                          2. Get good, high quality gear. And don't neglect to WEAR them. Leathers are best but expensive. Remember that the only thing between you and the road when you go down is a very thin piece of cloth. Leather offers the best abrasion resistance.
                          3. Have fun! You didn't get the bike to go around frowning so smile and enjoy the ride!
                          Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Originally posted by jedney View Post
                            1. Take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Beginners Class. At least two benefits. You learn how to ride in a safe, controlled environment and you get a break on your insurance. You will learn things you never thought about. Its fun! I had a great time taking my class.
                            2. Get good, high quality gear. And don't neglect to WEAR them. Leathers are best but expensive. Remember that the only thing between you and the road when you go down is a very thin piece of cloth. Leather offers the best abrasion resistance.
                            3. Have fun! You didn't get the bike to go around frowning so smile and enjoy the ride!
                            +1....Very well said!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                            Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Search YouTube for great riding videos that will help alot
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X