X

first time riding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jedney View Post
    1. Take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Beginners Class. At least two benefits. You learn how to ride in a safe, controlled environment and you get a break on your insurance. You will learn things you never thought about. Its fun! I had a great time taking my class.
    You'll learn things your never even thought about before, I did.
    Last edited by HemiKat; 05-14-2009, 08:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

be safe and have fun with the bike!

Comment

I am a new rider as well. I plan on taking the MSF as soon as my funds will allow for me to do so. After all that was one reason behind getting the bike in the first place. Couldn't afford to put 75 plus dollars a week into my little toy blazer lol. But back to the point. The actual riding part like curves and such scared the heck outa me but they kinda come a lot easier than your mind thinks. Just dont push the bike to far to fast and you shouldnt have any troubles. and listen to these good people at this site. Reading every thing that has been posted here has helped me bunches.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked1z View Post
          Just dont push the bike to far to fast and you shouldnt have any troubles.
          I'm gonna take this one step further and say don't push YOURSELF too far too fast. When people crash, it's rider error 90% of the time.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by acraze View Post
            Search YouTube for great riding videos that will help alot
            That is a joke right?

+1 to MSF BRC http://www.msf-usa.org/index_new.cfm...ractive%20Tour

And gear, and all the other stuff that everybody else said.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

addiction an be good...be safe and ride smart..
              pveity = 100%

Comment

Good luck, stay safe! Ride smart, and respect your steed!
                SAV

Head up, eyes open... always!!!
                Be... and be not afraid.

Comment

Certainly get some gear ( dont forget gloves TRUST ME). Take the MSF course it was a blast. And have a blast
                  Originally posted by chrisgreer23
                  Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
                  2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
                  1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
                  2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
                  1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

I just got my 2005 Kat GSX600F and i to am loving it. I shifts smooth and is a rush taking it down the road...I live in the boondock in oregon so all back roads with trees and lots of green all around. Its great I just gotta go get some BRT and be on my way. This is a great forum and have learned a lot from it.http://katriders.com/vb/images/smilies/004.gif

Comment

my tips:

Take the MSF
                      Recognize mental fatigue (and physical)
                      relax, don't lock, your elbows and wrists
                      look where you want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by MAZDA View Post
                        Good rule of thumb. The moment you think your getting good at riding. DONT ride the bike for a week. The moment you think you can start screwing around is the moment youll crash

-Have fun
                        thats the truth dont ride for a week and it will feel weird when you start riding it down the street thats how i feel my bikes been down for 2 weeks now i cant wait to get back on her

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                          That is a joke right?
                          There are indeed a lot of great videos on YouTube. I highly recommend the series by CaptCrashIdaho (who also happens to be a huge proponent of the MSF course).

Comment

Welcome!

I'm about a month new too. I find excuses to ride my bike so the wife doesn't get too annoyed with me. Have fun man, but when you get too comfortable just be careful.
                            Car please stop wasting my time and use your blinker!

Comment

welcome and enjoy

Comment

Ride like a pro is a great dvd or download to get and check out. It will really help your slow speed skills.
                                98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home

http://www.ghall1.com/videos/motorcy...C%20VIDEOS.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X