X

more noob questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more noob questions

ok well according to my finaces i will getting my kat in late august early sept i have friends who already wanting to ride w/me on a couple of 100+ mile trips i grew up on dirtbikes so i know lil about riding motorcycles my i feel like i could handle it do you guys recommend me going or taking it easy in my neighborhood for a few days?

No brainer.

Not only do you take it easy for "a few days", you should take the MSF course ASAP.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

take is easy for sure. riding one of these, or any rocket for that manner is differant than riding a dirk bike. i rode dirt bikes and endros for a long time. i had to learn how to ride these bikes again. you will pick it up faster than if you have never ridden as you know the basics of ridding but yes, get your self a class if you feel uncomfortable or at lest take it slow untill you know how these react comparied to a dirt bike...

Comment

i already took my msf i got that covered and i already got my gear as well

Comment

Still, I would advise to take 'er easy for a little while. I rode my bike for about a month on short rides (to work, around town) in order to get used to the bike and traffic. Only when I felt comfortable did I go out for an extended ride. Went with a bunch of Goldwing and cruiser riders and had a blast, because they were VERY experienced and kept a nice, smooth pace. Going out with faster riders right away may give you the feeling to keep up, and could spell trouble. Give it time, man. You've got a lifetime to learn the limits of your bike. Have fun!

By the way, what kind of Ibanez do you play? I've got an RG570 that I've had for about 12 years that I won't get rid of. Thin neck, Duncan Invader bridge pickup, Floyd Rose tremolo, and she still screams!
          2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

i mainly play bass i have a k-5 w/is awesome very light and excellent tone

Comment

Yep, no doubt about it... Ibanez guitars and basses are great. You get a lot of guitar for the money, and they have great tone. I still haven't had a chance to try their amps, though. I hear good things about 'em. I had a chance to buy their 100 watt half stack a couple of years ago, but passed for a 120 watt Crate combo. Lots of versatility there, even though its solid state (no tubes). I love grabbing ahold of a good bass every once and a while and trying to play like I'm Stu Hamm or Billy Sheehan (two of my favorite bass players). Lotta fun!
              2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Working...
              X