X

Two up tips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My best 2 up tip? Don't do it

But seriously. I let my little sister take the bike up the street and back a few times, and that helped her pillion riding LOADS. It just seems to make more sense to her now.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Show her the GRAB BAR and tell her to use it.
      (when your testicles aren't crushed after you stop...you'll thank me.)

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
        Show her the GRAB BAR and tell her to use it.
        (when your testicles aren't crushed after you stop...you'll thank me.)

X10000 yes! That and she won't smack her head into the back of yours!
        1991 Katana 750 (GSX750F) 23K miles
        -Mystic Color Shifting Paint (Cyan/Magenta)
        -Corbin Seat

Comment

A grab rail would have saved my testicles, or a seat that wasn't so slippery maybe, or teaching her to keep her hands on the tank. Funny, though... I never once had that problem on a street bike; just on dirtbikes.

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          My best 2 up tip? Don't do it

But seriously. I let my little sister take the bike up the street and back a few times, and that helped her pillion riding LOADS. It just seems to make more sense to her now.
          Your little sister rides your bike? Proof positive that Kawi's are for little girls!!!!!

Seriously, though.....
          Last edited by Black_peter; 01-22-2010, 10:04 AM. Reason: last ditch effort to clean it up
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
            Your little sister rides your bike? Proof positive that Kawi's are for little girls!!!!!
            Hahahaha. She wanted to try a sportbike, so I popped the fairings off and let her give it a try. She's ridden four wheelers with me before so understands shifting. I doubt she got out of 2nd gear

No pics of it, she would have killed me.

Although I will say, I'm almost 6' and can't flat foot my bike, she's 5'4" and handled it very well.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I've been riding two up since I've been riding. The main question is how comfortable are you with your bike solo? If you are scetchy alone you'll be moreso with a back seater. Get comfortable with the bike and when you put someone on the back...lay down the rules....you lean with me or not at all, don't lean away form the turn.
              Then just remember all their weight is on you, so no one bigger than you can safely handle. The next thing is get away from think it's a whole different world...it's not.
              The bike is heavier, the bike moves when you don't expect...but oh well thats why we ride...have fun. If your too fast for them..they won't want to ride again...so be polite.

Comment

Get a Corbin Saddle with a Backrest... I hardly know that she is still back there anymore... I reach down and touch her knee just to know... What a relief on the wrists and crotch...
                As for the Braking... We have Hard Braked for Deer, Idiots, or Quick Red lights all the time... The Kat reacts nicely in Emergency 2Up situations.
                2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

BTW- not all people that ride 2-up a lot agree with your feelings about holding the driver vs the grab bar....... SKNL2 has done more miles 2-up than probably most people here have done period. (On that note, where has he been? He hasn't posted in 2 months....)

Last edited by Black_peter; 01-22-2010, 07:42 AM. Reason: sniping
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

The cell phone texting thing was just done that one time as a joke, specifically to get that picture, and yes they are very familiar with the road, and she is very use to his riding style on that road. She most likely has as more miles on the Dragon on the back of his bike, than most people here ride in a year or two. lol
                    John,
                    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                    sigpic

Comment

Since my riding abilities have been brought up, here's my 2 cents...take it or leave it. I'm not some girl he picked up off the side walk bc he had a spare helmet. I pay attention very well. I do what he expects of me; he wants me to not flinch I don't, he wants me to not lean I don't, he wants me to stay off of him I do. i hold onto the grab bar bc it's easier for me; my weight isn't on him stopping or going. There have been plenty of times he's had to brake hard & he's never had his nuts crushed. the worst thing is we may bump helmets every now & then that's about it.
                      That pic of me txting wasn't the first time I had my phone out & its certainly not the last. It may not be safe to you but we know what we're doing. Hell I've even had the camera out & taking pics. There's nothing wrong w/that pic...I mean c'mon I've got full gear on; leather, boots, gloves etc. (Except for my txting hand )
                      So maybe you should really think about what your typing before you type. It's all about skill & I suppose you don't have it.
                      Last edited by Black_peter; 01-22-2010, 07:41 AM.

Comment

SKNL2's 2-up riding tips - ride naked for more direct contact between rider and passenger & get a chatterbox as pictured to allow more communication without yelling at each other with helmet on. yelling should only be done with helmet off in public settings.

Disclaimer because 2-up riding is about safety, remember to use a condom. Riding motorcycles does not prevent the spread of STD's.

Comment

done and done....

Comment

Working...
                          X