X

FREEWAY GROOVES.....GRRRRRR!!!....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREEWAY GROOVES.....GRRRRRR!!!....

Does anyone else have problems with the highway grooves that are cut into the asphalt? Even with older tires, both on the Busa and the Kat, I hated the feeling riding on those things. I've gotten used to it but noticed it's a bit more apparent with new tires. I used to think my suspension was somehow out of whack but as soon as I find non-grooved asphalt the ride becomes ok. Suggestions?
    sigpic

yeah, those suck all kinds of arse!! especially when there's a nice little dip from the good part of the road, down into the grooves .. I just find that if I dont try and oversteer thru them, and ride it out as best as I can..its usually ok..but they are a pain, especially when it runs for miles on end..

Comment

We have them here on some bridges to help with Icing problems during winter and ti help get rid of rain water. They suck big time. I take it easy whenever I go across those. Makes you think alot of things is wrong with the bike until you see the groves.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Every freeway within the county has them. It is freakin' awful! Thankfully, most of the carpool lanes are groove-free, but aren't very well maintained. After I got the new tires put on I made the mistake of riding on the 22 (near my house) after they got warmed up on surface streets for a while. It has got to be one of the worst feelings on the road. You're forcing your mind to tell you that everything will be alright while the bike is saying "You're one bump away from a tank slapper". Very uncomfortable.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750

yeah, those suck all kinds of arse!!

Originally posted by Highsight2020
          They suck big time.....

+1

Comment

we have some great backroads that are grooved - an odd feeling for sure.
            i just back off the throttle and don't make any sharp inputs & no death grips - it only makes it worst !

tim

Comment

I must be wierd cause I like them. Keeps cagers from getting to close behind ya!!!!! They see me wobbling all over and back off. Plus, I kinda like the feeling...Hmmmm
              sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
              MSF Rider Coach 27028
              MoPowerSports.com
              Torco
              SoCalTrackDays

Comment

I used to ride those freeways everyday 55,22,405. I dont remember the grooves ever being a problem. At the time I was riding a cbr600 and a fzr. The front end floating in the grooves can be a little skittish, once I got over it I found the traction on the freeways to be exceptional much better than the asphault he have out here. I never got used to the road noise those grooves cause it can be downright deafening if your any where near a semi.
                '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

You should just keep you Busa above...say 150 and you won't feel them I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by GixerKat
                    I must be wierd cause I like them. Keeps cagers from getting to close behind ya!!!!! They see me wobbling all over and back off. Plus, I kinda like the feeling...Hmmmm

Dude, the Chain Wax is for your chain not your nose. 8)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp

That's the scary thing. Over 120 I don't feel much of anything!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
                        Originally posted by kickitjp

That's the scary thing. Over 120 I don't feel much of anything!
                        thats probably a good thing..might not wanna feel too much at those speeds.

Comment

GO FASTER!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rmick15
                            GO FASTER!!!!!!!!!!
                            thats your answer for everything....you get that from your wife?

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                              Originally posted by rmick15
                              GO FASTER!!!!!!!!!!
                              thats your answer for everything....you get that from your wife?
                              Nice one

Comment

Working...
                              X